Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager - Error RDVR -928

Contributor

DVR Manager - Error RDVR -928

I have had the same DVR for at least a year.  Have used the online DVR Manager for months.   Last week, the DVR Manager suddenly stopped recognizing that I have a DVR.  And I get the above error when I hit record on the Manager.  I can record and set future recordings directly on the TV but I want the DVR Manager to work the way it worked a week ago and months before that.  

Talked to Customer Service who were absolutely no help at all.  Have talked to Technical Support who claim they know what the problem is (something to do with how my my Account is set up) but haven't been able to figure out how to actually fix it.  Have had a tech actually come out, tell me that he couldn't fix it onsite, but would research the issue and get to me.  He doesn't respond to my calls to his cell ( he told me to call and check with him, now he ignores me).

Would somebody at Comcast please step up, research and fix this issue?  There are countless thrreads here and on other tech sites with this same problem, but nobody seems interested in posting the steps to actually fix it.  

Please.

Contributor

Re: DVR Manager - Error RDVR -928

Is there nobody in this entire community who has had an identical problem such as this?  Is there no Comcast technician who is willing to step up and get this issue resolved?  Google 'RDVR-928' and there are dozens, maybe hundreds, of similar threads on Comcast forums and elsewhere.  Did the problem just go away?  Did it just get ignored to death?

This tells me that Comcast deploys technology that they themselves don't know how to manage or fix.  Come on, somebody prove me wrong.  I just want to be able to use the DVR Manager again - one of the few Comcast features that I really appreciate.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation