Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager Availability

New Poster

DVR Manager Availability

Trying to set up DVR Manager - set up web page states it's available in my area but I get an error message stating that no compatible DVR can be detected. I exchanged the DVR for a new one and get the same message. Person at the Comcast service desk tells me that the service is not available with SA and Cisco DVRs yest and they don't know when it will be available for my area and the web set up from xfinity is wrong???

Cisco DVR

Chaska, MN 55318

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager Availability

cdthomas528 wrote:

Trying to set up DVR Manager - set up web page states it's available in my area but I get an error message stating that no compatible DVR can be detected. I exchanged the DVR for a new one and get the same message. Person at the Comcast service desk tells me that the service is not available with SA and Cisco DVRs yest and they don't know when it will be available for my area and the web set up from xfinity is wrong???

Cisco DVR

Chaska, MN 55318

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year. 

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Re: DVR Manager Availability

Any updates on this? Every time i call, i talk to a few different people and no one...as in not ever has a single person known what i was talking about even with giving them explicit details AND the web address to their own website. I have also searched the web many times, including this one, but all forums are a year+ old.
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation