New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager 100% Full, No Record Button

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager 100% Full, No Record Button

I have had my DVR for years, but until today the Xfinity iPad App and Webpage would not recognize it. The Xfinity App now sees my DVR and Set Top Box. It allows me to change channes with the App Guide, but...

The DVR Manager says my DVR is 100% full ; it is not. When I select a channel from the App Guide, I do not have a Record button option, just Watch Show. 

I have unplugged and repose red the DVR. I have re,over and reinstalled the App on my iPad. I have cleared Data on the App. How can I get The App to allow me to Record and see what is scheduled to Record?

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR Manager 100% Full, No Record Button

I received a call from Comcast National Repair today. An Engineer was able to "register" my DVR and the iPad App and online DVR Manager are now working - I can Record and see Scheduled Recordings. It took over 3 weeks, numerous calls and escalations and posting to this Board, but at least I finally have a fully functioning iPad App/DVR. 

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

you can try going to the box guide, see if you have remote access set up there, if you do you can delete the setup then try to synch again from the app.  Also sign out of the app then back in.

Frequent Visitor

I have:

Powered off/on DVR

Deleted/reinstalled iPad app

Still no Record button and App shows DVR 100% full and it is actually only 15% full. 

Any other suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

did you go to your box guide and look for remote access set up and delete it there like I posted previously?

Frequent Visitor

I tried all of the Menuportions on the DVR and did not see any Remote Access options. 

Silver Problem Solver

if you dont see remote access set up in the box guide then it was never set up correctly.    What box do you have?   If you click the watch tv tab top of this page then on the next page bottom right corner there is a wheel, click there, now on the next page you will see cable boxes and dvr's, is your dvr box showing there?  If its not you need to call comcast and have them rebuild the codeing on your account as its probably on their end. 

Frequent Visitor

The DVR is in the list on the App and on the Comcast Website. I can change channels on the DVR with the App Guide, I just can not set it up to Record a show or see what has been recorded. 

New Poster

I am having the same problem. Just added DVR app and it says my DVR is 100% full, but its only 9% full. How do I fix this.

New Poster

And my scheduled recordings from before look like they will not be recorded? Any suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

Never resolved for me even after escalation at Comcast Support..

Official Employee

RobinBoston wrote:

I am having the same problem. Just added DVR app and it says my DVR is 100% full, but its only 9% full. How do I fix this.

Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I did as you (and phone tech support) suggested. Still not able to access DVR with Website DVR Manager or iPad App.  Have an open case and have not been able to get anyone to call me back in over 2 weeks.

Official Employee

mperlman1 wrote:

I did as you (and phone tech support) suggested. Still not able to access DVR with Website DVR Manager or iPad App.  Have an open case and have not been able to get anyone to call me back in over 2 weeks.

Someone will reach out to you shorty.

Thank you for your patience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I received a call from Comcast National Repair today. An Engineer was able to "register" my DVR and the iPad App and online DVR Manager are now working - I can Record and see Scheduled Recordings. It took over 3 weeks, numerous calls and escalations and posting to this Board, but at least I finally have a fully functioning iPad App/DVR. 

Regular Visitor

I am having the same exact issue. I have been esculated in tech support. Ihave a ticket #, it is CR321413051.

I have not had a call back yet. Can someone please call, or fix this issue with my account also. I would hope this will not take 3 weeks. I'm going on week 2....

Please help.

Thanks, Jon

New Poster

I need help too. Joe can you please help me. No record button on any of idevices (ipod, ipad, iphone). This is my favorite feature and i need it to work to continue with the service.