members

online now

discussions

DVR MGR series in Central Time when customer is not

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

DVR MGR series in Central Time when customer is not

Comcast Joe you have helped me before with this problem

My DVR MGR shows series title not available.  And also my TV listings Favorites have been messed with and are not as I set them.

I logged out...logged back in.  Have changed my Location to my ZIP Code.....no help.  Then to Comcast Recommended......again no help.

Any Ideas????    Thanks in advance.   Things had been fine for several months...now the last few days it is a mess. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Show Times in DVR Manager

Hi Joe as the Duck who brought this to your atttention some time ago I am happy to report that this WORKED

Thanks for staying with all of us on this and hope the PERMANENT solution doesn't mess it up Smiley Wink

Thanks again!

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR MGR series title not available and Favorites have been altered in Listings

Anon1423016 wrote:

Comcast Joe you have helped me before with this problem

My DVR MGR shows series title not available.  And also my TV listings Favorites have been messed with and are not as I set them.

I logged out...logged back in.  Have changed my Location to my ZIP Code.....no help.  Then to Comcast Recommended......again no help.

Any Ideas????    Thanks in advance.   Things had been fine for several months...now the last few days it is a mess. 

Is the date and time on your computer correct?

Are the listings correct on your TV Listings page?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

DVR MGR shows series title not available

I have the same problem

Regular Contributor

Re: DVR MGR series title not available and Favorites have been altered in Listings

Yes Time and Date is correct on computer.  And the listings are correct for my Zip Code.  

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please give me your zip codes and service areas so we can further investigate.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

My zip code is 07076 and service area in Comcast Union Digital

Regular Contributor

97230 in Portland OR thanks CJ

Regular Contributor

Joe one other thing I noticed in DVR MGR.

My scheduled recordings that show the CORRECT channel are 2 hours AHEAD of when I have them scheduled here on the west coast.  Does it think I live in Chicago??    Just wanted to let you know what I just noticed.  Still showing Series Title not available. 

Official Employee

Anon1423016 wrote:

Joe one other thing I noticed in DVR MGR.

My scheduled recordings that show the CORRECT channel are 2 hours AHEAD of when I have them scheduled here on the west coast.  Does it think I live in Chicago??    Just wanted to let you know what I just noticed.  Still showing Series Title not available. 

You may have the right zip code but the wrong time zone selected.

Please re-enter your zip code and try again. This will refresh your listings and should clear up this issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

Joe I saw it earlier...but now I cant recreate how to find TIME ZONE.   All I can do is change Zip Code from Tv Listings.    Is the Time Zone somewhere else.?

Official Employee

Anon1423016 wrote:

Joe I saw it earlier...but now I cant recreate how to find TIME ZONE.   All I can do is change Zip Code from Tv Listings.    Is the Time Zone somewhere else.?

Sorry, we will further look into this.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

Here is an update.

All my DVR MGR recordings are now showing correct titles.   The ONLY thing wrong now is it shows all shows recording 2 hours later than my West Coast time.  For example Fast Money is a series I record daily.  It airs 2pm my time.  In DVR MGR it shows 4pm.   It is like it thinks I live in the Midwest???

The GOOD thing is both of my DVRs record at the proper time.  So the only annoyance is in the times showing in DVR MGR.   My TV listings are set to my proper zip code.  I have logged in and out several times.

And I have tried IE9 Chrome and Firefox....all with the same results.   Where is Comcast at on this Joe, I just wanted to bump this up from PG 2 as I like my stuff to work right.  Thanks again.

Official Employee

Anon1423016 wrote:

Here is an update.

All my DVR MGR recordings are now showing correct titles.   The ONLY thing wrong now is it shows all shows recording 2 hours later than my West Coast time.  For example Fast Money is a series I record daily.  It airs 2pm my time.  In DVR MGR it shows 4pm.   It is like it thinks I live in the Midwest???

The GOOD thing is both of my DVRs record at the proper time.  So the only annoyance is in the times showing in DVR MGR.   My TV listings are set to my proper zip code.  I have logged in and out several times.

And I have tried IE9 Chrome and Firefox....all with the same results.   Where is Comcast at on this Joe, I just wanted to bump this up from PG 2 as I like my stuff to work right.  Thanks again.

Your time zone is now pulled from your local computer clock. That is why the time zone choices were removed from the TV Listings page. I am sorry, I thought it was being removed at a later date.

Please check your computer's date and time. Even if your time is correct, make sure that the right time zone is selected.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

Joe ty for quick reply

My time is correct.  My Time Zone is correct.  GMT=08:00  Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Any further ideas? 

Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager shows incoorect time for scheduled recordings

There seems to a problem with DVR Manager showing the incorrect time when a show is going to be recorded. The shows record at the correct time, but the show times being scheduled are an hour before actual start time.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Anon1423016 wrote:

Joe ty for quick reply

My time is correct.  My Time Zone is correct.  GMT=08:00  Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Any further ideas? 

On the top right of the grid under Customize Listings, click Don't Observe Daylight Saving Time? and make sure that it is correctly set.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

CJ hate to be a nuisance but what should the setting be?   It is set to ZERO for ADJ for DST.  Is that not what it should be?   It appears the shows are showing their proper time in the grid. Thanks.

Edit:    I tried to switch to minus 1 and it affected the listings for example the 11 oclock news on all the channels showed at 10pm.    BUT i went to DVR and all the settings were still 2 hours later than need be...so no change.    Just an FYI.

Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager shows incoorect time for scheduled recordings

Kittyfuzz wrote:

There seems to a problem with DVR Manager showing the incorrect time when a show is going to be recorded. The shows record at the correct time, but the show times being scheduled are an hour before actual start time.

Make sure that the time and time zone are correct on your computer.

If it is the issue is still happening, go to the TV Listings page and click the Customize Listings page on the top-right of the TV Listings grid. In that dropdown, click Don't observe daylight saving time and adjust your listings.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Joe

Changing the Daylight savings time changes the time in the TV listings.  There is no problem here.  The problem is in the DVR Manager Scheduled recordings section.  The times in this section all show 1hr early.

Thanks

fjcag

Official Employee

fjcag & Anon1423016,

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

We are still trying to narrow down this issue so we can fix it.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Joe

The browser makes no difference still 1 hr earlier

fjcag

Regular Contributor

Joe I mentioned earlier I believe that I have used IE9 Chrome and Firefox and still same results.

Previous poster is 1 hour off in DVR....I again am 2 hours off.  I am west coast and if a show i want is on at 2pm it shows in DVR Manager as 4pm.   For example i have SNL to record every sat nite at 1130pm.  It shows in DVR Manager as 130am.   The TV Grid has the correct time for my time zone.

Contributor

Joe

I also have SNL to record at 11:30 PM but it shows in scheduled recordings as 10:30 PM.   I am in Eastern Time zone and DVR manager is showing Central time Zone.  The other poster is in Pacific time zone and is also showing central time zone.  Maybe your end is defaulting everyone to central time zone.   Just a thought.

fjcag

Official Employee

fjcag & Anon1423016,

Thank you for all of your detailed information. Our team is looking into this now and I will update you when I learn more.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

Joe thank you for staying with us on this.  It is not affecting my ability to control recording of programs thank goodness.  Just want it to work right.  Thanks  again will wait for response.

Regular Contributor

Joe just a little food for thought here.  You said it pulled our time zone from our computer clock.  Well I changed my time zone on computer several times as a test.  The clock changed fine on computer.  But the DVR times in DVR mgr remained the same.  

Not sure if that is help to you??

Regular Visitor

Re: DVR Manager shows incorrect time for scheduled recordings

I am also see this problem starting sometime the last few days. The Recording times in the online DVR manager appear to be two hours later than the actual time, as if they are listed in Central time although I sit in Pacific Time.

I've adjusted both the location and daylight savings settings in the tv listing section and it does not appear to fix the problem. It's better than a bunch of  unknown listings (as it appeared last week), but it still is far from being what I would consider "right".

Everything is correct on the actual set top box, just the online DVR Manager seems to be having these issues.

Any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

I am on Eastern Time, But the DVR Manager show an hour earlier. The STB is also correct.

Regular Visitor

So it sounds like listings are showing as central time for at least one person in Pacific (Me) and one in the East.

Regular Contributor

I am on West Coast and my DVR times for recordings show 2 hours later...so I assume that is CDT.  I have this documented on Page 2 of all these complaints.  Joe said he would notify and they were working on but that was DAYS ago.....Joe is there an update on this?   This seems silly.

New Poster

Show Times in DVR Manager

Successfully set up the DVR manager using my zip code. But the times of shows listed are off by two hours. Did I miss a time zone setting or something?

Regular Contributor

Larry I have had same problem now for over a week.  I am on West Coast.  Shows in DVR MGR show 2 hours later.  Things are recording fine but it is affecting some.  Comcast Joe said he would let us know.  I would think we should be close to an update??  

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please go to your TV Listings page and click Change Location link.

If you listings are set to Comcast Recommended Lineup, please try selecting your service area manually and try again.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Joe

Been there done that, still defaulting to Central Time Zone as others areCan you check your end to find out why we are defaulting to Central Time ZoneThe problem seems to be on the Comcast end.

fjcag

Regular Contributor

Joe I too have been there and done that.   Just tried it again....I am set to Comcast Portland Digital with my correct zipcode.   Again no change.  I even tried other local zipcodes.  Still no change.  Everything on DVR MGR is still set to CDT (2hours ahead of mine)

I also have logged in and out several times. 

Official Employee

fjcag wrote:

Joe

Been there done that, still defaulting to Central Time Zone as others areCan you check your end to find out why we are defaulting to Central Time ZoneThe problem seems to be on the Comcast end.

fjcag

We have been working on this issue.

We were able to duplicate it using the Recommended zip code but not when we manually enter our zip code. 

We will continue looking into it.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Joe

Try entering My zip code 07076 and choose Comcast Digital Union and see if your listings are 1 hr early and show Central time instead of Eastern as they should for my zip

fjcag

Regular Contributor

Joe try mine as well.

97230 and Comcast Portland Digital are my correct settings.   (TV Listings are correct just to remind you)

It is the DVR MGR that is 2 hours ahead

Contributor

joe

I am not satisfied with the time it is taking Comcast to correct this problem.  I spend over $200.00 per month with Comcast and I use the DVR manager every day.  I would appreciate a greater effort to correct this problem.  I also would like a credit for my inconvenience. 

Thank You

fjcag

Official Employee

Hi all,

We have finally found the root of this issue but it will not be resolved until our next release sometime next week.

We hope to release this quick fix until we build a permanent solution for this issue.

When we know more, I will update this thread.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

Joe thanks for giving us a timetable for resolution.  Is this just affecting 3 or 4 people across the country...or is it systemwide and other people just arent noticing?

Will take your answer off the air Smiley Wink

and BTW...how do I change my name from ANON1423016??   I have no clue how I became Anon.  Thanks

Official Employee

Anon1423016 wrote:

Joe thanks for giving us a timetable for resolution.  Is this just affecting 3 or 4 people across the country...or is it systemwide and other people just arent noticing?

Will take your answer off the air Smiley Wink

and BTW...how do I change my name from ANON1423016??   I have no clue how I became Anon.  Thanks

"Is this just affecting 3 or 4 people across the country...or is it systemwide and other people just arent noticing?" - It is not widespread and we have not heard from any other customers but we believe there are many customers that just are not reporting the issue.

"how do I change my name from ANON1423016??   I have no clue how I became Anon" - I have been seeing a lot more customers with the name Anon and I am assuming that they are not choosing a name and are being assigned anonymous. Click the My Settings link near the top of the page and you can change your name there.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Gold Problem Solver

ComcastJoe wrote: ... Click the My Settings link near the top of the page and you can change your name there. ...

How?

Official Employee

I am sorry, that is to change your e-mail address. I thought you could change your username here too.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

What quick fix Joe

fjcag

Frequent Visitor

This would be funny if it wasn't so annoying.  I searched for this issue with various terms on the night of the 19th and found nothing.  I ended up posting http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/Online-DVR-Manager-shows-times-an-hour-behind-m...  I found this thread by accident today and am glad I did after spending 1/2 an hour with polite, but clueless chat support earlier today.  It's nice to know I'm not the only one and this is clearly happening on both east and west coast defaulting to central time in the DVR manager.  I thought it might even be EDT vs EST until I found this thread. 

Now looking forward to the fix.  Yay!

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please let me know if you are still seeing this issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Yes Joe it is still defaulting to Central Time and I am located in Eastern time

fjcag

Regular Contributor

Still showing the CDT times on mine 2 hours ahead dang it.....

Frequent Visitor

I concur with the others who have answered.  I tested in both Firefox and IE as well.  I'm East coast and times continue to show as central time.  Thanks!