Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Download to Xfinity TV app is way too slow!

New Poster

DVR Download to Xfinity TV app is way too slow!

Downloading a recorded show to my iPad on the xfinity TV app takes longer than watching the show. More than an hour to download a 60 minute show. It's not my wifi because other apps like iTunes and Amazon download fine. Streaming on the xfinity app works ok, but downloaded recorded shows often takes forever. I've even let it run overnight, but 6 hours later I find the app stalled.. Xfinity service is pathetic. They eventually route you to a cable service team that charge a service call to come check the wifi. The service tech says they have nothing to do with the app, and they know it sucks.
New Poster

Re: DVR Download to Xfinity TV app is way too slow!

This is Nov 2015, over

pmobri wrote:
Downloading a recorded show to my iPad on the xfinity TV app takes longer than watching the show. More than an hour to download a 60 minute show. It's not my wifi because other apps like iTunes and Amazon download fine. Streaming on the xfinity app works ok, but downloaded recorded shows often takes forever. I've even let it run overnight, but 6 hours later I find the app stalled.. Xfinity service is pathetic. They eventually route you to a cable service team that charge a service call to come check the wifi. The service tech says they have nothing to do with the app, and they know it sucks.

3 years later and the app is still painfully slow. Can someone in customer service PLEASE download the app, verify the issue and push the app developers to fix it? SERIOUSLY!

New Poster

Still painfully slow and its 2016 now!!
New Poster

Its 2017 and takes forever! Ill hit download before i go to bed and 8 hohrs later kts at 10%! This happens consistently!
New Poster

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM UNTIL I REALIZED I WAS RECORDING HD CHANNELS TO WATCH ON MY IPAD.

WHEN I STARTED DVR'ING STANDARD DEFINITION CHANNELS I FOUND THEY DOWNLOADED MUCH FASTER ON MY IPAD MINI.

TRY IT OUT AND SEE IF YOU HAVE BETTER RESULTS

BRYAN