Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Cloud Watch while its recording

New Poster

DVR Cloud Watch while its recording

We are trying to watch a local show in Az. The Sounders.  So we recorded the show thinking we could watch it on the Xfinity Streaming app.  I thought we could watch a recording while it is being recorded.  Why do we have to wait until the show is over before we can stream it to my mobile device?

Missing the game.  Smiley Sad

Official Employee

Re: DVR Cloud Watch while its recording

soundersAZfan wrote:

We are trying to watch a local show in Az. The Sounders.  So we recorded the show thinking we could watch it on the Xfinity Streaming app.  I thought we could watch a recording while it is being recorded.  Why do we have to wait until the show is over before we can stream it to my mobile device?

Missing the game.  Smiley Sad

In-progress recordings can only be viewed while connected to your in-home XFINITY network. Once they are completed, they can be viewed anywhere in the USA (or downloaded to watch even when offline).

The rights to stream content outside the home are separately negotiated and not always available. Because of this contractual restriction with programmers, we aren't able to make recordings available until they have completed recording. There are 200+ channels that can be watched live while outside the home.  I'm not sure on which station the Sounders aired but, in the future, you can use the "find" feature in Live TV to see if there is a "TV Go" version of that channel (e.g. ESPN).  Note that even if there is a TV Go version of the Live Channel, you won't be able to play the recording while in-progress.  But you can tune to the TV Go channel.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation