Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Corrupted/Missing scenes in movies and shows as well as poorly misplaced ads.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Corrupted/Missing scenes in movies and shows as well as poorly misplaced ads.

You guys really need to configure ads and the content you're providing as a whole properly via your catalogs of movies and shows. It's embarrassing that I have to use other sources to watch missed episodes from shows that I watch because scenes are "cut out" (nonexistent), replaced, or horribly interrupted by ads! I have sent multiple feedback notices about this issue since the beginning of 2017 why is this still being ignored?! Look at "Empire S4 Ep5 The Fool" the whole beginning of the episode is cut out! I had to go to Fox.com to watch the remainder of episodes I've missed because the service I pay for is corrupted. This issue happens on a lot of other shows and movies in your catalog way too many to count or list. Sometimes I don't even get the pleasure of going to a legit website to watch the content that is corrupted in your catalogs, 9 times out of 10 I end up having to go to unsafe, unsecure, illegal websites to watch the content that I "pay for" that is corrupted on your website and app while risking my devices to malware and viruses at the same time!

Accepted Solution

Re: Corrupted/Missing scenes in movies and shows as well as poorly misplaced ads.

Hi 

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Re: Corrupted/Missing scenes in movies and shows as well as poorly misplaced ads.

Hey, sorry to hear that you ran into a show with missing scenes. I've reproduced the problem you described with Empire S4 Ep 5 and have opened a ticket with the content team. In the meantime, the TV Go versions of this episode appear to be fine (at least the opening scene is not skipped). You can choose the TV Go version manually by turning off the Play Best Available option in Settings (the wheel icon next to the Search box on Web, or at the bottom of the left navigation in the mobile apps) > Playback Preferences. Once you do this, tapping the Watch button on the Empire entity screen will show you all available playback options.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

It's not just "Empire" that "missing scenes" issue happens with a lot of your other shows and movies, there are way too many to count/list. So that ticket you've created needs to be for all the content Comcast/Xfinity provides. The second issue is "abrupt misplaced commercials" here's one depiction of this other issue that happens on a lot of your other content as well, go look at some of Syfy's Van Helsing episodes, commercials just appear randomly and I'm not talking about in a normal smooth transitional way. For an example during scenes somebody in a show or movie could be in the middle of saying the word "hey" and before they can get to the rest of the letters "e and y" in "hey" all of sudden commercials come on then afterwards when shows or movies come back on from commercials then it will show them finishing the rest of the "1 word" they were trying to finish saying before the commercial break.
Frequent Visitor

It's been a month now, is there an update on this problem because I am still experiencing this with some content even after disabling Play Best Available.

Official Employee

MsCom-castVet, thanks for posting about this. I have also witnessed this myself. We need the show's title, season, and episode so we can get our techs to take a look at correct. If there is corrupt metadata that is causing these errors, we need to reach out to the network to resend that metadata to us. Let me know what other shows and episodes are having issues you've described here. 

Feel free to send me a private message with your full name, account address and phone number so I can look into this further. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Hi 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation