Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Constant interruption using iphone hotspot

New Poster

Constant interruption using iphone hotspot

Any suggestions- keep getting the refresh queue and have cleared cookies and history as suggested

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Constant interruption using iphone hotspot

you need to supply more info.  reading your topic and your question I have no idea what you are asking?

what is the refresh que?

New Poster

sorry, it starts to play intro and stops and then is asking me to refresh page.  the site suggests clearing history and deleting cookies. can not get past advertising when message pops up.

Silver Problem Solver

try restaring your computer, sign out of your account then back in, try again.   So you are using your iphone as a hotspot to do this correct?  so you are going 3g with this, there might not be enough signal strenght to do this.  Can you try on wireless and see if the same thing happens?

Regular Contributor

Sounds like yet another customer with buffering/syncing problems. Its likely not on your end (no matter what Comcast and users like rog286713 would have you believe), so nothing you can do will help much. Comcast's streaming service has been practically unusable for the last few months, and they havent bothered explaining the problem, much less having a solution for it. The only thing I can say is that it seems worse during peak hours, so maybe you can watch during off-hours. Wonderful service we're paying for, isn't it?

Silver Problem Solver

First of all let me say that I have no issues with any comcast streaming service at all and you also do not pay for that service,  did you not read that the OP is using their phone like a person hot spot trying to go over 3g to stream video???   The signal is not strong enough and comcast on demand apps do not work at all over 3g to begin with.    The services work just fine if you know what you are doing, obviously some do not.

Regular Contributor

"you also do not pay for that service"

You can't access Xfinity without subscribing to Comcast's cable service, so yeah, you do pay for it.

"the OP is using their phone like a person hot spot trying to go over 3g to stream video???   The signal is not strong enough and comcast on demand apps do not work at all over 3g to begin with."

The OP never said she was using 3G. Depending on the iPhone model it could be 3G, 4G, or wifi.

Not everything can be fixed by rebooting, re-logging, or clearing history and cookies. I am sick of Comcast employees assuming we're a bunch of idiots that don't know how to troubleshoot our own computers. Its even worse when customers do the same. If they spent more time listening to us and trying to find solutions and less time telling us to clear our browser hostory and send useless info Xfinity might actually be a useable product.

Silver Problem Solver

its not an additional cost to your service.  When the apps came out and the service was created there was no cost increase so you are not paying for those alacarte they are included was the point.  

Why would the op use their phone as a hot spot on wifi?  If there is wifi then the other devices would not need to share the signal.    Unfortunately most users have no idea how anything works so you have to start with the most basic of solutions.         

did you see the one about the guy who called to say his drink holder was broke on his pc and the support person said drink holder?    your computer does not come with a drink holder sir, they guy says when I press the button a door slides open and thats where I use to put my drink.  The tech guy says sir that is your cd rom drive.   

Gold Problem Solver

rog286713 wrote: its not an additional cost to your service. ... you are not paying for those alacarte ...

Just because the apps are not a line item on an invoice does not mean customers "are not paying for them". I assure you that we are.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation