Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Consistent skips in recordings watched on website or in Xfinity TV App - But not on TV ( with DVR )

Frequent Visitor

Consistent skips in recordings watched on website or in Xfinity TV App - But not on TV ( with DVR )

Hello-

I have a physical DVR in my house but my service was also recently 'upgraded' so that I have Cloud DVR.    When I try to watch recordings on my PC or tablet, there are multiple skips in the recordings that are consistent in the time they happen.  For example, Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 8 always skips at the 1:34 mark on both my PC and Tablet.  There are other skips but I can't tolerate watching it over again to make a list!   There are no skips when I try to watch the show on my TV from the physical DVR that I have.  The PC uses an ethernet connection and and tablet has a great wifi signal.

I never had any problems with skipping before and it seems to have started about the same time I was 'upgraded' to Cloud DVR but I am not 100% sure of it.

Please help with this issue.  Not being able to watch my recorded content on my tablet through the Xfinity TV app really make XFinity less appealing to me!

I would be happy to eliminate CloudDVR from my account if it will fix this issue!

Problem Solver

Re: Consistent skips in recordings watched on website or in Xfinity TV App - But not on TV ( with DV

If you eliminate the Cloud DVR from your account, then you remove the ability to watch your recorded content on your PC and smart devices. Unclear why you would think that would be a fix.

Do the skips occur on every recording you watch through your PC and/or tablet, or just some recordings? Sometimes a Cloud recording can be corrupted during the recording process.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Consistent skips in recordings watched on website or in Xfinity TV App - But not on TV ( with DV

Hello  -  Thanks for your reply -

All my recordings have consistent skips only when viewed on a PC or my tablet (not on DVR).  Last night I watched Vikings and  there is a 5-20 second skip (hard to know how long) for every 1-3 minutes of viewing.  It is really bad because the characters will be talking and then you will miss a critical part of the conversation!   A similar thing happens with The Walking Dead.  There is no problem when I watch the shows from my DVR which is also recording them.

When I view the shows on my tablet, the skips are still there, in the exact same spot, even if I download the entire show to the tablet first and then watch it (so there is no streaming issue).  I don't know if downloading is even possible on the PC so I have not tried that.

The quality of the video is perfect and there is no pixelation or anything.  The skips come w/o any warning and they are 'perfect' time shifts where you are instantaneously shifted forward in time like a section of the video was just clipped out and then the video was sewn back together.

Frequent Visitor

Don't believe it could have anything to do with my signal levels but here they are.

signals.JPG
Official Employee

ClockerXP wrote:

Hello  -  Thanks for your reply -

All my recordings have consistent skips only when viewed on a PC or my tablet (not on DVR).  Last night I watched Vikings and  there is a 5-20 second skip (hard to know how long) for every 1-3 minutes of viewing.  It is really bad because the characters will be talking and then you will miss a critical part of the conversation!   A similar thing happens with The Walking Dead.  There is no problem when I watch the shows from my DVR which is also recording them.

When I view the shows on my tablet, the skips are still there, in the exact same spot, even if I download the entire show to the tablet first and then watch it (so there is no streaming issue).  I don't know if downloading is even possible on the PC so I have not tried that.

The quality of the video is perfect and there is no pixelation or anything.  The skips come w/o any warning and they are 'perfect' time shifts where you are instantaneously shifted forward in time like a section of the video was just clipped out and then the video was sewn back together.

Hi Clocker,

I'm sorry your are experiencing these issues. The symptoms you describe make it clear that the Cloud DVR recordings are corrupted (rather than the website or apps being responsible). The Cloud recordings are entirely separate from the recordings on your physical DVR which is why you see a difference. The Cloud recording technology is continually being improved and optimized but there are still occasional glitches and I truly apologize. At any point in time there are tens of millions of simultaneous Cloud recordings taking place across 12,000+ TV channels. The technology is quite amazing but still relatively new compared to the "old fashioned" DVR under your TV. Smiley Wink

I'll share your feedback with the Cloud DVR team.

Happy Holidays,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

This problem has turned into a widespread issue. It used to be mainly the major networks like FOX, NBC etc. Now its almost every channel. I havent been able to stream my DVR since November and when you talk to tech support they insist on sending a tech out to repair the issue on my end when the issue isnt on my end. The only reason I havent left Comcast was for the cloud DVR but at this point its useless and Im better off going back to WoW and using my slingbox. It would be nice if the techs would get on this since its been reported for 3 months now and they still havent acknowledged it.

Add me to the list of customers experiencing the Cloud DVR issue. Since about early December 2016, broadcast-network programs that I record all show up in Cloud DVR as only about half of their expected recording time (e.g., 1-hour shows indicate only about 30 minutes of total playing time, 30-minute shows indicate only about 16 minutes of total playing time, etc.). Playback on Cloud DVR reflects that curtailment (meaning, the playback skips through a one-hour show and finishes playing it back in only about 30 minutes). This consistently occurs across different platforms (Mac, PC), browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari), and no matter where I am (on a browser at my home, or on a browser at my office, etc.). In my case, this problem seems limited to broadcast-network shows (ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, but *not* to PBS, for some reason). However, programs recorded from cable-only channels (e.g., Bravo, BBC America) seem to have no problem on the Cloud DVR. I don't know if it matters, but all of the programs are recorded in HD.

Official Employee

buddyjack2 wrote:

Add me to the list of customers experiencing the Cloud DVR issue. Since about early December 2016, broadcast-network programs that I record all show up in Cloud DVR as only about half of their expected recording time (e.g., 1-hour shows indicate only about 30 minutes of total playing time, 30-minute shows indicate only about 16 minutes of total playing time, etc.). Playback on Cloud DVR reflects that curtailment (meaning, the playback skips through a one-hour show and finishes playing it back in only about 30 minutes). This consistently occurs across different platforms (Mac, PC), browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari), and no matter where I am (on a browser at my home, or on a browser at my office, etc.). In my case, this problem seems limited to broadcast-network shows (ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox, but *not* to PBS, for some reason). However, programs recorded from cable-only channels (e.g., Bravo, BBC America) seem to have no problem on the Cloud DVR. I don't know if it matters, but all of the programs are recorded in HD.

I'm very sorry. Can I ask which area of the country you are in? It very much sounds like an issue with the Cloud DVR recording itself rather than the app or website (i.e. I strongly suspect you'll see the same skipping regardless of iOS, Android or web access - set-top box is different, however). 

-ComastDan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Visitor

I am unable to watch any recordings from my phone Xfinity app or tablet without it skipping. It does not skip if I'm watching from my tv.

I have uninstalled the Xfinity app and re downloaded it to see if that would work. No luck?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
New Poster

I'm experiencing the same issue and have been since late November. Recordings are fine when watching on my TV, but when watching on any other device (iPad, computer) more than half of the recording is missing (e.g., an hour long program is only 27 minutes in length when viewing on other devices). This happens consistently across all my recordings regardless of the channel on which they air.

I understand that the Cloud is relatively new technology, but a fix (or at least a timeline) would be greatly appreciated. This is one of X1's biggest selling points and it doesn't even function properly, and it's clearly affecting a good amount of customers.

New Poster

i am having these issues too I am on my second call to tech support 1 and 1/2 hours ) and they want to send out a tech which may cost me $60.00 but i shouldnt have to pay for comcast's advertised features not working I am a new customer and am very upset about this. Now luckily I can order a mini box and use that instead of a pc in the office but again thats $10.00 more dollars a month I didnt want to pay a month.

UPDATE they are sending a tech out for no charge to me to see if they can fix this issue and will loan me the mini box for one month for free so lets hope they can fix it in one month or tommorrow with tech visit.

Official Employee

jriddle815 wrote:

i am having these issues too I am on my second call to tech support 1 and 1/2 hours ) and they want to send out a tech which may cost me $60.00 but i shouldnt have to pay for comcast's advertised features not working I am a new customer and am very upset about this. Now luckily I can order a mini box and use that instead of a pc in the office but again thats $10.00 more dollars a month I didnt want to pay a month.

UPDATE they are sending a tech out for no charge to me to see if they can fix this issue and will loan me the mini box for one month for free so lets hope they can fix it in one month or tommorrow with tech visit.

I'm sorry you are having trouble. It is most likley an issue with the Cloud DVR recording itself which is entirely separate from the physical recording on your television. There's a chance that you have data issues which could be the cause. I suspect if they are sending a technician then they are seeing data levels that are out of specification. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

I am also having problems with cloud recordings on website, ipad and iphone.  I am in Twin Cities Northern suburbs area.  DVR recordings work fine on my TV.  Only about 1/3 of the shows I record on DVR have the full recording on the cloud.  For example 1/11/17 Blindspot NBC channel 811 recorded on the cloud 52 minutes, 1/12/17 The Blacklist NBC channel 811 recorded on the cloud 36 minutes, 1/13/17 Hawaii-5-0 CBS channel 804 recorded on the cloud 36 minutes.

Sometimes with 2 shows recorded at the same time, one will download to cloud perfectly while another will not.  Last night 1/15/16 at 8:00 a 2 hour show on Animal Planet channel 193 recorded fine, while Victoria on Masterpiece PBS channel 802 recorded only 1:12 out of 2:00 on the cloud.

Any help is appreciated.  It's a pain having to watch a show on Hulu, PBS app, etc. when I it should have downloaded properly to the cloud on Xfinity app and website.

Contributor

Add Me to Cloud DVR issues,  Can't get Thru Hour long show on NBC, FOX, CBS, (hour  long show worked fine from Metv though) so whats the fix or thing to do, In Gibraltar Michigan here, South of Detroit, Unsure on Signal levels currently,  I can try to post them if need be though, actually i will

Comcast Gateway is on internal 10.0.0 ip range, should i change that to 192 range? 

Despite the page lists them sideways, but will do my best to get them all, I'll make a spreadsheet and upload The Signal info later on, Downstream, Upstream, error info, etc

My Gateway is Comcast 3941T

Frequent Visitor

I am also having this problem. It infuriates me trying to watch a recorded show on my iPad in my home with Comcast everything. The whole purpose of the cloud is the freedom to not have to SIT IN FRONT OF THE TV to watch things, but my recorded shows only do not skip or play fully if played back on the DVR.  I so, So, SO want to be able to watch an entire show on my iPad, but the skipping is driving me nUtZ!!!! Please, please get this fixed!

New Poster

Me too! It's driving me crazy!

New Poster

Hi, ComcastDan. This is very widespread and didn't happen at first for me. Now it's a constant. It's ruining the experience. Is it most common with popular shows?

Official Employee

MN55424 wrote:

Hi, ComcastDan. This is very widespread and didn't happen at first for me. Now it's a constant. It's ruining the experience. Is it most common with popular shows?

I'm very sorry. It may be exacerbated during peak times but I don't have enough information to make that determination.

There are 2 things I'm fairly certain of: 

1. This issue of missing segments of the recording is NOT caused by the app/website but rather the Cloud DVR recording itself. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Cloud DVR recordings are entirely separate from the recordings on your set-top box which is why they play back fine there but not via the apps/web.
  2. This issue is particularly bad in two areas of the country: Twin Cities and Detroit. I haven't heard of this specific issue outside these areas (but please let me know if I'm wrong on this).

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

In my case (Twin Cities - St. Paul Northern Suburbs) the problem appears to be primarily with the local stations.  Last night at 9:00 p.m. I test recorded 5 shows.  Channel 804 CBS, 805 ABC, 809 FOX, 811 NBC and 820 Travel Channel.  The cloud recording for the 4 network affiliates all recorded less than 40 minutes (ABC Marvel's Agents of Shield recorded 23 minutes).  The Travel Channel episode recorded completely.

Overnight I recorded a 1 hour episode on HBO 215 and a movie on StarzEncore 908, both of which recorded completely.

Please keep us informed as the issue is being addressed.  Thanks.

New Poster

Hi..similar skipping problem here in southern New Mexico..pls help
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Dan - so has a ticket been put in for a fix on this?

Official Employee

merrherr wrote:

Comcast Dan - so has a ticket been put in for a fix on this?

Many. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

How will we know when this is fixed in the Twin Cities?  paying over $200/month and not having full service is unacceptable.  I only stayed with comcast as this was working fine when it was rolled out initially.  now the service is just plain bad.  cant watch skipping content.

New Poster

Add me to the list! I've had the Cloud DVR since it became available in the Detroit area. It worked great for months. For almost the last month now, though, mine is doing the same thing for any channel I record on. I just attempted to watch a 60 minute show; only 22 minutes recorded! This is ridiculous. I too pay almost $200 a month. Comcast has raised my rates several times with no notice. Customer support is a joke. And now the service doesn't even function as it should. Comcast is the WORST!

Contributor

@ComcastDan

Any Timeframe for a Fix for Detroit Area Subscripers?  Aggravting i can't even watch a show without it skipping, not always in front of a TV to be able to watch it on regular tv, Pay $221 a month for our package, and was using this feature quite a bit since it became active, now i hardly even bother that much as no matter what show i end up watching ends up Skipping half the show

New Poster

Same problem in Saint Paul, Minnesota.  Started about a week ago.  I usually use cloud dvr for sports.  Happened with Steelers-Pats last night and the Timberwolves game.  On the phone now with customer support but that's not looking hopeful.  Keep wanting to troubleshoot app, when it's pretty clear this is an issue in the cloud, as the skips are repeatable across devices.  

It sounds like this has been known for at least a month. There ought to be notification of customer service so I don't have to get so frustrated explaining that reinstalling my iphone app isn't going to fix a thing.  

Contributor

This truly is amazing.  They put data caps in effect for "bandwidth management", but we all know it's to deal with people cutting the cord.  Now a growing number of people can't even watch recordings for cable tv without a box they have to lease.

Contributor

Contributor

To any of the Comcast personell...

Is anyone actually looking into this and acknowledging an issue? Not a single tech support or rep I've spoke to has a clue that this is a problem. Is there any hope this is going to be fixed?

I too am having this issue.  I'm also in the St. Paul, MN area.  I first noticed it with sports and I thought that maybe Comcast was working on something to eliminate the "dead time" in games like a timeout or after a whistle.  Nope.  It just randomly jumps ahead.  Very frustrating, especially with sports, because I missed big plays.  When I rewind, it does jumps ahead at the same spot.

Frequent Visitor

So tired of this....both not working...and that the issue seems to lack acknowledgement from Customer Support.   I contacted Customer Support this morning and got two reps that didn't have a clue what I was talking about, which is also frustrating having to explain....NO, it's not my DVR...NO, it's not my app....the Cloud, Dude, the Cloud!  ARGH!  Anyway..... final response:

No additional steps needed on your end to resolve this issue.

Our higher tech will read the notes I will leave on your account and everything will be taken care of.

Please expect a call within 24-72 hours.

So, we will see.

I really think it's going to take multiple people contacting Customer Support.  They aren't going to do anything off of these forums, so I encourage you to either chat or call customer service so they are forced to create tickets.  I also asked for it to be elevated.... not sure if it truly is or not, but certainly worth asking for.

Contributor

It's been a week since we've heard from Comcast Dan, and he's the only employee that seems to be interested in getting this issue resolved.  If in reality "Comcast Cares" I think we'd see more than one employee attempting a fix on such a widespread issue. Smiley Sad

Contributor

merrherr wrote:

So tired of this....both not working...and that the issue seems to lack acknowledgement from Customer Support.   I contacted Customer Support this morning and got two reps that didn't have a clue what I was talking about, which is also frustrating having to explain....NO, it's not my DVR...NO, it's not my app....the Cloud, Dude, the Cloud!  ARGH!  Anyway..... final response:

No additional steps needed on your end to resolve this issue.

Our higher tech will read the notes I will leave on your account and everything will be taken care of.

Please expect a call within 24-72 hours.

So, we will see.

I really think it's going to take multiple people contacting Customer Support.  They aren't going to do anything off of these forums, so I encourage you to either chat or call customer service so they are forced to create tickets.  I also asked for it to be elevated.... not sure if it truly is or not, but certainly worth asking for.

+1 on the red text.  I'd also like to encourage all experiencing this persistent issue to contact customer support.  The more visibility, the better.

Frequent Visitor

you can add jenison michigan to the list. heres what i have been told, problem is with the cloud. dvr box has 500 gigs of recording space. the cloud because of underestimated appeal has been limited to 60 hours of recording time. i have been on the phone to level three techs a lot (888-824-8988). i had a free service call, new cable from street through house to installed new DVR BOX & GATEWAY. one would believe this would solve prolem, WRONG. it does matter what channel is recorded, cbs, abc, hbo, nbc, the play back on ipad or iphone is usually this: 1) skips in the viewing, as if it was a bad editing job.msnbc Rachel Maddow 1/23/16 9pm had 35 skips in an hour show. 2) real time hbo, 1/20/16 10pm. show starts then stops, goes back to beginning for a second, then advances a little, then repeats the process again and again and again. the last word, msnbc 10pm, 1/24/16 @16:08 - 16:23 was in a continuous loop, would not STOP. i see from the fourm this stuff has been going on for over a year. IF THERE IS A CUSTOMER MOVEMENT OUT THERE TO JOIN LET ME KNOW. CLASS ACTION COMPLAINTS GET HEARD FASTER THAN INDIVIDUAL ONES. Special request to Comcast, the only TV, i can watch fom my hospital-bed is on my ipad pro, i just need a little from you.

heres to great tv viewing

Contributor

I'm also for something more class-action level.  The question is: what is the most effective means of doing so?

Contributor

ohmaneyes wrote:

you can add jenison michigan to the list. heres what i have been told, problem is with the cloud. dvr box has 500 gigs of recording space. the cloud because of underestimated appeal has been limited to 60 hours of recording time. i have been on the phone to level three techs a lot (888-824-8988). i had a free service call, new cable from street through house to installed new DVR BOX & GATEWAY. one would believe this would solve prolem, WRONG. it does matter what channel is recorded, cbs, abc, hbo, nbc, the play back on ipad or iphone is usually this: 1) skips in the viewing, as if it was a bad editing job.msnbc Rachel Maddow 1/23/16 9pm had 35 skips in an hour show. 2) real time hbo, 1/20/16 10pm. show starts then stops, goes back to beginning for a second, then advances a little, then repeats the process again and again and again. the last word, msnbc 10pm, 1/24/16 @16:08 - 16:23 was in a continuous loop, would not STOP. i see from the fourm this stuff has been going on for over a year. IF THERE IS A CUSTOMER MOVEMENT OUT THERE TO JOIN LET ME KNOW. CLASS ACTION COMPLAINTS GET HEARD FASTER THAN INDIVIDUAL ONES. Special request to Comcast, the only TV, i can watch fom my hospital-bed is on my ipad pro, i just need a little from you.

Just contacted the phone number I highlighted in red and I must say, it was the most help I've received from Comcast to date.  I've been told that I'll be contacted directly by the tier three rep I spoke with on Friday (and he was kind enough to give me his extension in case he doesn't).  

Apparently, the issue is related to a shortage of storage space (so not necessarily corruption).  If you guys feel the need to contact them, use the number in red above and clearly explain what's going on.  However, this may not be necessary because I walked the CSR through how to access this forum and a few of the threads related to this problem so their team knows where to find their information.  

Creating tickets won't get results.  You've gotta speak to tier 3 via phone directly.  I'm quite happy with the way I was treated via this method.  I'm going to cease contact with Comcast until Friday.  I'll still be here if any of you want more information though. Smiley Happy

Contributor

For the first time, I've received a callback from Comcast regarding this issue - and it was 2 days earlier than expected!

The representative from Tier 3 that is assisting me just called me with some updates:

The issue is known, but the number of customer affected is not yet concluded.

But the good news is: there is an update anticipated for midday tomorrow, Dec. 26th, which will fix the issue.  If it's fixed on my end, I'll report back.  Otherwise, expect to hear back from me on Friday.

Frequent Visitor

please add jenison michigan to the list of xfinity tv app problem areas. heres what i have been told, problem is with the cloud. dvr box has 500 gigs of recording space. the cloud because of underestimated appeal has been limited to 60 hours of recording time. i have been on the phone to level three techs a lot (888-824-8988). i had free service call, new cable from street through house to installed new DVR BOX & GATEWAY. one would believe this would solve prolem, WRONG. it does not matter what channel is recorded, cbs, abc, hbo, nbc, the play back on ipad or iphone is usually this: 1) skips in the viewiing, as if it was a bad editing job.msnbc Rachel Maddow 1/23/16 9pm had 35 skips in an hour show. 2) real time hbo, 1/20/16 10pm. show starts then stops, goes back to beginning for a second, then advances a little, then repeats the process again and again and again. 3) the last word, mpsnbc 10pm, 1/24/16 @16:08 - 16:23 was in a continuous loop, would not STOP i see from the fourm this issue has been going on for over a year.
(PROGRAM APP NOTE; xfinity gotv and xfinity remote apps are done and have been rolled over into the xfinity tv app. ) i have deleted all xfinity tv apps from my ipad and iphone. be sure to power off device before reloading xfinity tv app. i have never received an update from the app store for any xfinity apps.
i have gone through all my recordings and deleted all that were setup through the remote app. then replaced all recording requests using a reinstalled xfinity tv app. i hope this helps solve the problem. i was told they have different server cloud locations, but don't know which location i access yet.
if anyone knows how to access level four support, please pass it along. thanks
ohmaneyes

PS. Things to do to stay sane, spread out the level three phone number on every communications you make. Then verify any bad play back ( channel, program, time recorded, occurring problem with playback numbers....02:05 - 02:48' you can stop after 3 skips, blips, or start overs per recording. i usually call with problems for 3 different recordings. NOW call the L3 phone number, give the information to your tech. after calling every day and talking with or leaving a message for the tech.
wonder what having hundreds, or even thousands of customers requesting help every day, would produce.

Regular Visitor

add me as more validatiion of the issue in Detroit area.   personally I see 57 min shows as only 26 min on my PC when accessing "my recordings"   If I walk into the other room things play great off my DVR.      it's only recordings.  for the last 4 months Ive had 3 open tickets (never contacted back about them) because I didnt see anything in the "my recordings" on the website.  now they show up but are agrivating how they constantly skip

Contributor

rhart wrote:

add me as more validatiion of the issue in Detroit area.   personally I see 57 min shows as only 26 min on my PC when accessing "my recordings"   If I walk into the other room things play great off my DVR.      it's only recordings.  for the last 4 months Ive had 3 open tickets (never contacted back about them) because I didnt see anything in the "my recordings" on the website.  now they show up but are agrivating how they constantly skip

The issue is supposed to be fixed midday tomorrow.  If it isn't, feel free to call tier 3 support (it should only take a couple minutes to get to a live person) - 888-824-8988

I, too, have never been contacted back by chatting or calling plain old support, so I feel your pain.

Official Employee

Littlesender wrote:

It's been a week since we've heard from Comcast Dan, and he's the only employee that seems to be interested in getting this issue resolved.  If in reality "Comcast Cares" I think we'd see more than one employee attempting a fix on such a widespread issue. Smiley Sad

I'm sorry about being less active on the forums this week. I'm on my honeymoon with spotty internet access.

There are dozens of employees working to resolve this issue which appears to be impacting customers in specific geographic regions. I know how frustrating this must be and truly apologize. 

I'll try to get an update from the technical team and post back when I can.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am having the exact same issue and have been for a few months as well.  I would really like this to be fixed.  This is a huge selling point for me!

New Poster

Finally, now i know I'm not alone in this issue. Not sure if this helps or not but I notice the issue started around beginning of Dec 2016. At least for me. I live in Detroit area which is one of the region affected by the issue.

Hopefully this can get resolved soon so everyone can be happy.

Thanks to all Comcast employee who's working in resolving this issue.

Contributor

Comcast Dan,

Don't worry about it. Enjoy your honeymoon! I spoke with tier 3 via phone and am working with them to see a proper resolution.
Regular Visitor

did you actually talk to someone and is there movement.  As I stated, I never get a call back from anyone other than the initial "let me reset your modem" guy  *facepalm*

If this is a known issue and movement to resolution great.  if there is an interaction I need to do to resolve it, well then they need to actually talk to me.  I'd really just like some support

It was comical to stand in the room while a saleman tried to sell my mother-in-law on comcast, and I get to tell him about the open tickets closed without contact.   He called in on the tickets, and had no way to explain.  30 seconds from "we have fantastic support always available" to " i have no excuse for that, and I'll make sure you are contacted"     spoiler alert.    No one ever called

Contributor

rhart wrote:

did you actually talk to someone and is there movement.  As I stated, I never get a call back from anyone other than the initial "let me reset your modem" guy  *facepalm*

If this is a known issue and movement to resolution great.  if there is an interaction I need to do to resolve it, well then they need to actually talk to me.  I'd really just like some support

It was comical to stand in the room while a saleman tried to sell my mother-in-law on comcast, and I get to tell him about the open tickets closed without contact.   He called in on the tickets, and had no way to explain.  30 seconds from "we have fantastic support always available" to " i have no excuse for that, and I'll make sure you are contacted"     spoiler alert.    No one ever called

Yes.

Did you try the tier 3 support number I provided in response to your previous post?

Contributor

Alright guys - Good news!

Two episodes of Judge Judy recorded today (half hour program).  1st recording.... 29:46.  2nd recording.... 29:58.  While the first episode isn't 'technically' the full recording, I haven't observed any skipping!  

One thing that still needs to be worked out is I cannot download the 29:46 recording, that is the one recorded on 234 WJBKD at 4:29-5:00p.  It reads "Download Interrupted" at 5%.  This is surprising because the longer episode (29:58) interrupts at 4%... You'd think the longer recording would progress further, but simply not the case.

Well, at least we can now WATCH our recordings.

Looks like Comcast does care, you just gotta know how to get them to care Smiley Wink

I'd like to know if any of the rest of you are seeing similar improvements.

Frequent Visitor

No success for me tonight in the Twin Cities.  Recorded one hour shows at 7:00 on ABC, 8:00 on CW and 9:00 on USA.  Cloud DVR recorded 23 minutes, 43 minutes and 25 minutes for the three shows.

For several weeks it seems that almost any new episode of primetime shows do not recorded completely to the cloud DVR.  Some shows recorded at other times record correctly (HBO on Saturday afternoon, METV at 11:00. p.m.).

Administrator
Administrator

There was a known bug causing partial cloud DVR recordings when played from the Xfinity TV app. This is expected to be corrected via an update released  on 01/26/2017. Any cloud recordings before that may still "skip"/"cut-off", however all future recordings should play back with no issues. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

Attempted to watch a show just recorded this evening (1/27/17), and the issue is still occurring, at least here in the twin cities.