Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Computer to TV

New Poster

Computer to TV

I am trying for the first time to find a movie or program on the computer and put it to my television. I was told by my technician who installed everything that I would be able to do this.

When I try to move something to the television, I get: Can't find box in house to move program to.

Please help.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Computer to TV

NotBlonde72 wrote:

I am trying for the first time to find a movie or program on the computer and put it to my television. I was told by my technician who installed everything that I would be able to do this.

When I try to move something to the television, I get: Can't find box in house to move program to.

Please help.

Let's say for example I am looking for a movie to watch on my TV through our On Demand Browse Page.

While browsing, I find the movie Robin Hood: Men in Tights and I want to play watch it on my TV.

RHMiT.png

So I click the movie art to get more information. Once I click it, this box pops up:

wod.png

Click and the movie will pop up on your TV.

While signed in to Xfinitytv.com, look at the bottom right of your screen. You will see a black toolbar with the name of the cable box you are controling showing. Click the name to change what box you want to control.

If yoiu have any further questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

I just tried this, all it really does is set a signal to the box to change the channel.  Is that correct?  Is this also motorola box specific because it looks like it runs with the xfinity tv app?

Official Employee

rog286713 wrote:

I just tried this, all it really does is set a signal to the box to change the channel.  Is that correct?  Is this also motorola box specific because it looks like it runs with the xfinity tv app?

The description of Robin Hood will appear on your TV. Why doesn't the movie start automatically? If you are looking at paid movies and accidentally click the Watch On Demand button and it started playing, you would be charged. This is almost like a confirmation page that appears.

There are some Pace boxes compatible and also some Cisco boxes in select test markets that are compatible. Most of the compatible boxes are Motorola though.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation