Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Commericals blocking the video play back

New Poster

Commericals blocking the video play back

This is very annoying and frustrating but, I'm alwasy getting and " Oster Versa" Commerical and when ever it's done, the video never plays back. I'm going to cut my service with comcast if this doesn't get fixed. What am i paying for if I dont' get to watch my videos?!

Contributor

Re: Commericals blocking the video play back

Thanks for reporting this issue.  Can you tell me which videos you were watching when the commercial came on and stopped the video playback? I'll report it to my colleagues so they can look into a possibly bad ad.

Thanks.

- Jessica

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem I was trying to watch new series Atlantis. I was trying 11 Pm my son was trying earlier today.

We get half way thru the program. And then we try refresh page get a commercial and no show. If we click the black screen we are taken to a stupid commercial site.

I know a click from your site you make money but to make us click and still not get all the show is unacceptable.

I pay almost $200 for this.. Why do I have to get commercials anyway. Net flix does not make me watch commercials.

Tried the second show it locked up on the Oster I clicked refreshthen

thermobal commericial played, the show for 2 seconds, and then ther thernobal again. then the show began until the next commericial which was only 4 mins into the show.

New Poster

Starting with Season 3 Episode 13 of the BBC America, Dr. Who and going on to all of the rest of the episodes. I'm not sure why this is happened. but I think you should get rid of this "Oster Versa" commerical!

Official Employee

Hi all,

I tested Doctor Who S3/Ep13 and Atlantis S1/Ep2 and could not replicate this issue.

Can you please try these videos again and let me know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Also, if any other videos are having this issue, please post them also.

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

new series Atlantis the last two shows I watched. We went back later and could watch them so you fixed it but I went back to nexflix no comericials. Which is sad as comcast get so much more money from us and makes more money showing us comerials

One would think with comcast you would not need netflix..

New Poster

Re: Commercials blocking the video play back

Alright. Thank you. I'll test them out again and let you know if I'm still experiencing issues. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation