Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Commercials Malfunctioning

New Poster

Commercials Malfunctioning

I have tried watching some Television online at xfinitytv.comcast.net - while watching these past two days, the advertisements seem to be malfunctioning while streaming video. Yesterday, it sat for more than 10 minutes repeating the same two Bertoli advertisements. Today, I was watching and it repeated the Jim Beam commercials 4 times before playing other commercials and finally going back to the show. I don't mind watching the commercials, but when they repeat like this it is ridiculous! Comcast please fix this!

New Poster

Re: Commercials Malfunctioning

Same here today with looped commercials interrupting content and not being able to resume said content .... poor xfinity .. google fiber will be absolution......

Regular Contributor

There have been assorted problems with commercials for more than a year I'm sorry to say, but I personally haven't seen commercials loop more than twice. There is a thread started by the Comcast suppport people specifically for users experiencing problems with commercials. http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Ad-Issue-during-Video-Playback-on-http-xfinitytv-comc... Please read the first post by ComcastJoe and reply with all the details that he requests and hopefully something will be done.

As an alternative, if the commercial problems get to be too much you can always go directly to the networks own website and watch from there. Almost all networks i.e. ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, the CW, FX, HBO have streaming available from their site and they don't appear to have the same issues with commercials that the Xfinity site does.

- Norm

New Poster

Norm my problem has vanished and here was my issue. 

I has techs come out after i did some triage . In as mych as my speed tests were fine i have very bad signal strength and packet loss to my comcast next hop gateway after i ran ping tests from my egress router. Tech confirmed signal strength problems . So my legacy connectivity was gutted and reinstalled with a correct drop on the outside. 

The expert tech told me that there was pad or some device to boost signal strength that was skewing the signal past -7 dbs or something of the sort. 

BAM issue gone . 

I  as happy chewing a klondike bar after 2-3 years of this level of service . Ironically i get all the channels now that used to say "will be available momentarity"   

WIN!!!

Now to refrain form the X-1 upsell with 300 dollar termination fee haha. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation