Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Commercials.. Commercials.. Commercials.. and more Commercials

New Poster

Commercials.. Commercials.. Commercials.. and more Commercials

Wow, I can't believe the amount of commercials.  I just tried to watch an episode of Almost Human and the show didn't go 5 minutes without injecting a Nissan Rogue or Applebee's commercial.  Every 5 minutes.  Not only the frequency but they were extreemly slow to load.  A 45 minute show took 2 hours to watch.  I know Comcast and Fox need to make a buck I can appreciate that but they have crippled online viewing to the point where it is practically worthless.  If I can wait a season I can catch it somewhwere else for 8$ a month commercial free.  The only reason why I have a cable tv subscription is for the video on demand.  If you shred the service with commercials you will take away the only reason I shell out 175$ for an HD triple play deal.  I'll buy an amplified indoor tuner and drop down to internet only.  I'll get tge same content for half the money.  Make this right Comcast.

New Poster

Re: Commercials.. Commercials.. Commercials.. and more Commercials

I entirely agree, in fact I am trying to contact Comcast to tell them that it's false advertising to suggest that you can get the same experience online as watching the show on TV or any other method.  Beyond the issue of quantity, there are real issues with the playback.  I was trying to watch an episode of Major Crimes that got stuck on the commercials - it showed almost 10 minutes of commercials, played 30 seconds of the show that I had already seen and went back to another 10 minutes of commercials.  In all, it was 20 minutes before it got back to the program.  Beyond that, there are long blank pauses between commercials.  I was hoping to watch an old episode online before watching the season finale.  Little did I know that I needed to have started watching it 90 minutes before I wanted to watch the episode live on TV.  At a minimum Comcast should tell the REAL runtime of these shows and not list the program time only on the menu where you select the show.

I know that television producers and Comcast need to generate compensation for these shows, but this is ridiculous and NOT consistent with how Comcast promotes this feature.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Commercials.. Commercials.. Commercials.. and more Commercials

One month ago I could sit at my computer and watch any show the day after it aired commercial free. I pretty much DVR all the shows and could watch them on my big screen TV, but I'm usually on my computer so I just watch the on demand episode on the left side of my PC and work on the right side of my PC. It went through hulu and I figured Comcast partnered with them.

Now, within the last week I have to sit through all the hulu commercial breaks. It's annoying. I'll just have to start watching my DVR instead. If they ever force DVR commercials I'm done. I'll do what all the kids do now. Not pay for cable. Instead join Netflix, Amazon Prime and hulu. You can see any show  you want. You just have to wait a day or two. You can do all three for less than $30 dollars compared to hundreds you spend on Cable and Direct TV. You can watch it all on your smart phone and tablet. You can ever hook up your smart  phone and tablet to your big screen TV if you want.

*edit - not all on demand online shows are riddled with commercials. The  Hulu ones are...

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation