Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comercials freezing when trying to stream tv shows on my laptop

Regular Visitor

Comercials freezing when trying to stream tv shows on my laptop

This seems to be an on going problem that the tech people can't seem to fix.

Right now I'm trying to watch the 3rd episode of Olympus and it keeps getting stuck on the 2nd set of comercials. I refresh and it starts by making me watch 2 or 3 comercials from the previous time then starts the episode right before the 2nd period of comercials but it just has a black screen that does nothing. So I refresh again and the same cycle starts over again, same thing over and over.

This has been a problem for some time and I can't think of any reason to renew my service once my contract expires. I'll just get a different provider for my phone, internet and tv. The $220 a month won't bankrupt Comcast/X-finity but maybe if all the people who are having this problem would also cancel then the bosses at Comcast might get the hint and fix this problem.

It's just horrible customer service and my contract expires in a couple of months and I'll pay a different company for the service I want.

Now every show I try to watch, the comercials that are before the show starts are frezing and I can't watch anything. VERY FRUSTRATING.

I can't believe this cannot be fixed.

So I tried to watch "Dig" and I get to the comercial break and it goes to a black screen just like it was doing when I was trying to watch Olympus earlier.

This is like going to a resturaunt and ordering your food then the waiter gives you your check which you pay and leave without ever getting your food.

I pay every month for a service that only works sometimes but I'm still expected to pay or they will stop the service that doesn't work and they can't seem to fix.

New Poster

Re: Comercials freezing when trying to stream tv shows on my laptop

wow! As a new Comcast customer, although very familar with Comcast and many Tele-cable communication companies, feel most of the messages im reading are with a closed mind and that's not bad, don't get me wrong. it just gives me another opportunity for someone to percieve my actions as mister know it all, shut up, he think he knows everuthing, he think he works for them or something etc. but none the less, whatever it be, I understand and sorry for I must correct and offer knowledge when I have it. I can not promise my delivery will suite all. now! To Patplays... I'm sorry ur having those issues I hate it! You are right; the "freezing" u r experiencing can drive you mad but I've learned to nip that right in the bud but it can be a bit of an inconvenience if u don't have all tools. There aren't many tools needed for this fix, worse case a complete new set of coax cable to replace all coax to devices used in home. 1st try this it always help even if for a day, altleast u will see the difference so u must be on to something. Try completely unscrewing the coax cable from each device then screwing back on nice n firmly and completely correctly!!! moving on the the other end of that coax cable to the connected device and REPEAT!!! This will 97% of the time fix the issue if the issue is homebound and more than likely it is, u can make it that way by doing this and prevent it from moving outside the home as a problem. Like I said, if that don't work I would replace completely, the coax inside home if that doesn't work get a tech out explain what u did and ask for a service credit for time IN PAST that ur service has been out. Please let me know if you try my suggestions if they did/didn't work, good luck. 

New Poster

Re: Comercials freezing when trying to stream tv shows on my laptop

I'm so sorry, foot is out of my mouth now lol. This isn't the answer for your issue of freezing while streaming on your laptop; my answer was if the device was using a coax cable as a connection to a device. But it's great info that has helped many but not for your issue. How are you connecting your laptop, wifi or hard(wired)? If you are HW...why? lol if so, replace, replace, replace that wired connection to start out finding the sorce of problem. If it's not in the connection cable, you need to focus on ur laptop, a light cleanup may be in ourder.Smiley Happy

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation