New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comedy Central and AMC

ANSWERED
New Poster

Comedy Central and AMC

A few days ago Comedy Central and AMC was avaliable on the iPad app. I watched John Stewart show, Tosh.0 and an older Walking Dead show. Since Sunday, the two networds are now missing on the Play Now tab. 

Can anyone explain this to me please? Yesterday, the episodes were listed in the recently played tab, but when i clicked any of the episodes, it said it was unable to play them even though I watched them the day before. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Comedy Central and AMC

Comedy Central and AMC content is not available on the app per our licensing agreements with those providers.  If you were able to access that content, it was a temporary error that has since been corrected.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric

View answer in context
Official Employee

Comedy Central and AMC content is not available on the app per our licensing agreements with those providers.  If you were able to access that content, it was a temporary error that has since been corrected.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

AMC is not available in the App as of 11/05/12. Tried accessing from the infinity website and was directed to the App which did not show AMC . The only Walking Dead available was the military movie with Alan Payne. Pls fix

Service Expert
Moved:

post by Nixhexxion removed for violating posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines

(which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state

Please Don't

2. Use Profanity

Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

New Poster

Hi Eric:
So Walking Dead/AMC is available online through xfinity.com.  However, when I go to xfinity.com it directs me to the iPAD app.  The iPAD app, however, as you state, does not have AMC.

So if I am able to view the Walking Dead on a laptop why can I not view it on an iPAD?

This makes no sense to me. 

If AMC is not available on the app, then you should take the redirect off of xfinity.com.

Thanks,

Jess

Official Employee

JessRoweSpeaks wrote:

Hi Eric:
So Walking Dead/AMC is available online through xfinity.com.  However, when I go to xfinity.com it directs me to the iPAD app.  The iPAD app, however, as you state, does not have AMC.

So if I am able to view the Walking Dead on a laptop why can I not view it on an iPAD?

This makes no sense to me. 

If AMC is not available on the app, then you should take the redirect off of xfinity.com.

Thanks,

Jess

Some content we are allowed to show online that the content owners don't allow yet on mobile devices or tablets and vice versa. That is why video playback might go through the app.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon