members

online now

discussions

ComcastJoe: Site Feedback, Hideous Color Scheme

Service Expert

ComcastJoe: Site Feedback, Hideous Color Scheme

You posted the following statement  here

ComcastJoe wrote:

I will forward your feedback of the new TV Listings layout to our product team to consider for a future release of the site.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Here is some feedback for you to the product team.

Please explain WHY this color scheme was chosen. It is not user-friendly. Whoever designed this site with those colors, gray font on a gray background, did not take into consideration that there a lot of Comcast customers who have vision problems (both young and older customers) who will not be able to see it easily. I am one of them, and I know several other forum posters who have vision problems and don't like the gray on gray because we cannot see it easily.

I have no desire to get a headache trying to see what the page says. I don't want to have to get up so close to the monitor that I leave nose prints on it.

WHERE is the consideration for the NEEDS of your customers? Why make it harder instead of easier? If you want people to use the site, make it USER FRIENDLY.

I hope others will share their thoughts-good or bad-in this thread and that if they do, you will monitor it so you will know what WE the customers think, need, and want.

I've given enough feedback to Comcast over the years and have become a jaded skeptic when it comes to believing that Comcast takes our feedback seriously. So far, I have not seen any changes based on the feedback we have been asked for. 

If you have NOT seen the new page please take a look at it

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Xfinity TV giude gripe

The new colours on the Xfinity TV guide are completely OBNOXIOUS and hurt the eyes.

Why did you change from the darker, softer colours?

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity TV giude gripe

Because it's Comcast and they will do what they want without regard for the NEEDS of the customers. I suspect the change was made because Comcast wants their pages to be "consistent" and the black with white easier to read font was not "consistent" with other Comcast pages. FWIW, we have been complaining for several years about the default gray font color on a white background in forum posts. Our pleas to change it have fallen on deaf ears and those same deaf ears won't hear us when we say change the tv listings to something easily seen.

I agree the new color scheme is hideous and those of us with "older eyes" or vision problems will have trouble seeing it easily.

In the past I used the page to set up programs to record on my dvr. With the color change I will no longer go to the page.

Having to get so close to the monitor that I leave nose prints on it while trying to see it is not an option and I don't want any headaches from trying to see the page.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: ComcastJoe: Site Feedback, Hideous Color Scheme

I doubt they ever consider feedback! Look at Netflix, people complained and their GUI was fixed, at least to an extent. Searching through the actual DVR is immense pain, and XFinity TV makes even that harder! Seriously, who is designng this GUI to make it less user friendly with every passing moment?

Service Expert

Just for fun, I am posting 2 screenshots. #1 is the "old" page. Please ignore the red circle and added text-I used this for something else.

#2 is the new version of the page.

Which one do you prefer, and why?

Keep in mind these are screenshots and the full clarity of the pages may be off a bit.

ScreenHunter_06 Sep. 21 10.04.gif

ScreenHunter_01 Oct. 07 14.18.gif

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Color scheme on TV listings

Why did the color scheme change? The dark was the only thing you had going for you. 

EVERYONE has boring white.. good ol' compliant comcast.. 

At least make it available for users to pick what they want. Just sayin..

New Poster

Here's a simple solution:  Let us choose between the two schemes, as many sites offer.  I'll choose the white on black since I can't read the current version...

New Poster

Thanks for your feedback about the design of TV Listings.

When we design and build a new feature for our products we take many factors into account, including ease-of-use, accessibility, and look-and-feel. We will then test products with customers in usability testing labs or on the live website. In fact, at any one time there are several different versions of various web pages or features being tested across Comcast customers.

We look at all of this feedback when trying to improve our products. Feedback from users of TV Listings had indicated two key focus areas: consistency with the Xfinity TV mobile apps (for iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry) and easier to use filtering. We tried to address both of these with the new TV Listings launched on October 5.

Everyone on our product team loves TV, so getting TV Listings right is always top of mind. We will continue to listen to feedback and work hard to make Xfinity products ones we love to use, too.

(By the way, we have darkened the text on TV Listings in the last few days in large part due to customer feedback. :-)

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Silver Problem Solver

what exactly do you use those listings for? is it to circumvent the guide?

Service Expert

ComcastPiers wrote:

Thanks for your feedback about the design of TV Listings.

When we design and build a new feature for our products we take many factors into account, including ease-of-use, accessibility, and look-and-feel. We will then test products with customers in usability testing labs or on the live website. In fact, at any one time there are several different versions of various web pages or features being tested across Comcast customers.

We look at all of this feedback when trying to improve our products. Feedback from users of TV Listings had indicated two key focus areas: consistency with the Xfinity TV mobile apps (for iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry) and easier to use filtering. We tried to address both of these with the new TV Listings launched on October 5.

Everyone on our product team loves TV, so getting TV Listings right is always top of mind. We will continue to listen to feedback and work hard to make Xfinity products ones we love to use, too.

(By the way, we have darkened the text on TV Listings in the last few days in large part due to customer feedback. :-)

Those who "tested" must have PERFECT vision and don't really care what color it is. You may have darkened it but it still is not perfect for some of us.  There simply is not enough contrast. I suppose half a loaf is better than no loaf.

Over the years I have designed several websites. The first thing I do is select a color scheme that can be easily seen and read by EVERYONE.  Tone-on-tone is a big no-no.

As for consistency with the mobile apps, I don't care what it looks on my Android. I don'[t use it enough to care one way or another. But I did look at the listings online often when it was easier on the eyes. FWIW, I do like the light gray background. It looks much better than white. But the gray font is not ideal.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Your new grid color makes it very hard to read on a computer.  The font seems smaller and the black letters on the grey background is very difficult to read. When you click on a programs the details come in with the old color scheme and is much easier to read.  Either make the screen colors an option, or go back to the old scheme.  Maybe there should be different color scheme if you are using a computer vesus a mobile device.

Also, With the new color scheme, when I move forward in the grid, the topmost listing is covered by the headings.

Tags (1)