New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast says problems with TVGo are resolved but they are *not*

New Poster

Comcast says problems with TVGo are resolved but they are *not*

Hello all,

I have been using TVGo on a LG G2 phone for some time. It has worked very well... until recently.

And then it stopped worked and I got a very unhelpful "error message" that it might not be working in some areas.

I got that error message for nearly a week, and then I finally realized it wasn't really an error message at all, but simply the application was no longer working.

I called Comcast, and first tier technical support could do very little. They determined the problem was on the server side, but they didn't know what it was. Okay, fair enough. I accept that so far. I realize problems happen and need time to get fixed.

Next day I got a robo call from Comcast that asked if the the problem was fixed or not. Let me tell you, it is very difficult to get that kind of call and then determine if the problem is fixed or not. I had to rush to my phone, try TVGo and then, after it didn't work, I then responded that the problem was NOT closed at all. Talk about an awful way to try to confirm with a consumer that a problem has (or has not) been fixed.

After this, I got no further communcation from Comcast.

I called back Comcast, and then the tier 1 department that handles TVGo didn't take the call. I called them several times and there was no answer. I then had to call to Comcast and ask for a manager. A manager then managed to get me transferred to tier one support. But tier one support was not at all helpful. They simply told me what I already knew: the ticket was still open but they had no information whasoever.

By this point I had 

1) 2 weeks where the only way I really use Comcast was failing

2) 4 phone calls to Comcast without any progress at all. I have spent nearly 2 hours on the phone tonight and gotten

100% nowhere.

Frankly, I am sick and tired of all these Comcast ads that say how Comcast delivers streaming video on all these devices. Heck, I have a very mainstream LG G2 phone and it is NOT working, and Comcast is providing no informaiton as to what the status of the problem is. Trying to get any information from Comcast is as fun as a root canal.

At the end of the day, all I really want is the problem to be solved. 

But whoever designed the ticket handling system at Comcast should be demoted. Really, it is really awful to call a consumer and ask if a technical problem has been solved, while giving theat consumer to time to actual *confirm* whether or not the problem is solved. Whoever designed that partical "feedback mechansim" should have their head examined or their computer science degree revoked. And the person (or people) who provided the generic "error message" that TVGo is not working should also be shown the door. Really, this is 2014 and Comcast can afford to pay people who know how to build functional software systems, and that includes mobile apps that provide real error messages. It was quite ironic that their tier one support asked for an error message, but the so-called error message from the applciation was so generic, misleading and useless as to be totally worthless. 

Then there is the ticket handling sytem. Who designed that?

Really, it is 2014 and there is enough understanding of ticketing systems, workflows and calling systems to do a decent job.  The folks who designed the UI for Comcast ON Demand remote call did a very good job, A- at least. It is very nicely done. But the folks who did the their ticket handling system are not of the same calibre.

frustrated,

A Comcast Customer for many years... but very frustrated.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation