Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast does not allow HBOGO on other streaming devices!

New Poster

Comcast does not allow HBOGO on other streaming devices!

Comcast is just about the only company that does not allow the use of devices like PS4 or Roku to stream HBOGO. Mean while the OnDemand continuously freezes and skips. Why?

Valued Contributor

Re: Comcast does not allow HBOGO on other streaming devices!

I can stream HBOGO with my Roku

Official Employee

bburke429 wrote:

Comcast is just about the only company that does not allow the use of devices like PS4 or Roku to stream HBOGO. Mean while the OnDemand continuously freezes and skips. Why?

Available on Roku: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/HBO-Go-amp-Showtime-Anytime-Now-Available-on-R...

HBO Go availability on third-party devices are business decisions and deal with business terms that have not yet been agreed to between the parties.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

How disappointing, again. Looking forward to the death of Comcast as anything more than an internet service provider. Please contact your congressperson to alert them against the Comcast-Time Warner merger or more of the country will be the victims of these poor customer service decisions.

Then again, Time Warner does not block HBOGO from the PS4. Maybe Comcast execs should listen to them.

New Poster

HBO GO seems to have stopped working for Comcast subscribers. When I try to complete the activation process for my Roku 3 at hbogo.com/activate, after logging in with my Comcast credentials, I am shown a screen that says "Good news! You already have HBO as part of your XFINITY subscription." But it does not allow me to enter the Roku activation code and pair my device. The same thing occurs if I try to use the HBO GO app on my iPad. 

New Poster

Same here. No luck yet. More than disappointed. Hoping for another high speed ISP in my area. Living in the era of monopoly still Smiley Sad