Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast, WHY U NO WORK GUD? (Error 3050, 3001, and several others I can't remember)

New Poster

Comcast, WHY U NO WORK GUD? (Error 3050, 3001, and several others I can't remember)

Dear Comcast,

How is it possible that you have this many errors for your service? Is streaming content over the internet rocket science? It seems as if every week a new error message pops up, and whenever I check the forums for a solution, I invariably discover that the problem is on YOUR end. Literally - EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I've discovered something of a pattern on your site - as soon as one person posts an error message, countless others immediately report the same problem. Invariably, a customer service rep (and I honestly pity those poor saps, I'm sure they're screamed at on an hourly basis for problems they didn't create) instructs the poster to reinstall MS Silverlight/clear their web cache/sacrifice a goat to the internet gods. 50 posts later, after 50 different people have reported the EXACT SAME ISSUE, another rep finally admits that the problem is on Comcast's end, and that they're "...working very hard to address it." After a few hours people stop getting the error message, and they briefly forget how horrible your service is. Until that same message crops up two weeks later.

Seriously Comcast, step your game up. FiOS is looking better and better every day.

New Poster

Re: Comcast, WHY U NO WORK GUD? (Error 3050, 3001, and several others I can't remembe

true that ^

New Poster

Re: Comcast, WHY U NO WORK GUD? (Error 3050, 3001, and several others I can't remembe

Comcast really needs to get their stuff going, honestly how different is it from youtube, which has millions of videos which seem to work every time like clock work nothing wrong at all

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation