Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast PLAY status bar always blocking the screen

Frequent Visitor

Comcast PLAY status bar always blocking the screen

The bar that shows time status/ FWD/ REW/etc.. is in a bad position on the screen. Could it be reduced in size, or moved to the very top or very bottom of the screen? I always find the current position "in the way", especially when pausing the screen to read text or written information on the screen.

By the way this is refering to HD, digital, or standard viewing.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast PLAY status bar always blocking the screen

there is no way to move the bar, have you tried pressing exit to make it go away.

Problem Solver

Is this when you are watching a video in a browser or something on your TV?

Official Employee

kpspcs wrote:

The bar that shows time status/ FWD/ REW/etc.. is in a bad position on the screen. Could it be reduced in size, or moved to the very top or very bottom of the screen? I always find the current position "in the way", especially when pausing the screen to read text or written information on the screen.

By the way this is refering to HD, digital, or standard viewing.

It just sounds like your browser's view is either zoomed in or zoomed out too much. Under the view menu in your browser, choose Zoom to be "reset" or "actual size" and the video should play normally.

If you do not know how to do this, please tell me your operating system and browser settings so we can walk you through it.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Are we talking about the same thing? I am referring to watching TV either live or from DVR. If you hit the Pause, Rewind,or Forward  (if there is time saved) there is a bar that stretches across (95%) the width of the viewing area about 20% up from the bottom of the viewing area. I just wished the bar was at the very bottom of the viewing area, because the bar blocks some items (i.e. text on the broadcast screen) when Pause or Slow-Forward is activated.

Problem Solver

kpspcs wrote:

Are we talking about the same thing? I am referring to watching TV either live or from DVR. If you hit the Pause, Rewind,or Forward  (if there is time saved) there is a bar that stretches across (95%) the width of the viewing area about 20% up from the bottom of the viewing area. I just wished the bar was at the very bottom of the viewing area, because the bar blocks some items (i.e. text on the broadcast screen) when Pause or Slow-Forward is activated.

Well, this thread is in the Xfinity TV Website forum on this site, so you can see where the confusion might come from, since it doesn't seem to deal with the Xfinity TV Website and watching Xfinity content on/through the web site.

As for the info bar, as mentioned in an earlier reply, if you press the EXIT button (at the very least in pause mode) that should get rid of the info bar.

New Poster

I have tried adjusting what you suggested Joe but seems to have no effect.  I am running Windows 8.1 and streaming through firefox adjusting both the zoom on the browser and the zoom on firefox has done nothing so far.

New Poster

Sorry Correction: Zoom on firefox and zoom on the adobe flash player.