Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast Chad I need your help

Regular Visitor

Comcast Chad I need your help

I have looked around the forum long enough to figure out you seem to be the only one around all of Comcast able to fix the TVER app to see DVR recordings.

I have the tv app it works great for streaming. The only thing I see in the saved section are shows that have been viewed from OnDemand on my X1 box. I am betting my cloud DVR codes are missing but phone support are clueless when told this. Can you help me out, please?
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Chad I need your help

Afrobaron wrote:
I have looked around the forum long enough to figure out you seem to be the only one around all of Comcast able to fix the TVER app to see DVR recordings.

I have the tv app it works great for streaming. The only thing I see in the saved section are shows that have been viewed from OnDemand on my X1 box. I am betting my cloud DVR codes are missing but phone support are clueless when told this. Can you help me out, please?

The app is working as expected for you. Cloud DVR is not available in  your market right now.. it should be available in the next couple months.   Once available you will need to have the cloud dvr codes added to your account.   Here is how you can tell if cloud dvr is launched in your market.  From your home network, go to www.comcast.com/x1... if you see this url in your browser http://www.comcast.com/x1clouduser  then cloud dvr is avilable in your market. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

ComcastChad wrote: ... go to www.comcast.com/x1... ...

Should those trailing dots be part of the URL? For me, the link leads to an especially unfriendly error page at http://www.comcast.com/x1... :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

Were you shooting for http://www.comcast.com/x1 ?

Official Employee

BruceW wrote:

ComcastChad wrote: ... go to www.comcast.com/x1... ...

Should those trailing dots be part of the URL? For me, the link leads to an especially unfriendly error page at http://www.comcast.com/x1... :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

Were you shooting for http://www.comcast.com/x1 ?

http://www.comcast.com/x1

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

ComcastChad.. I am in the serviced area for X1 Cloud services.  Xfinity TV app and xtv.comcast.net show no recordings though I am able to see live TV (with issues).  

Problem 1:  Message in xtv.comcast.net for recordings:  

"You have no completed recordings...yet"

Problem 2:  When watching live TV the channel I'm watching switches to some unknown time to a show on that channel in the past rather than what is currently on the schedule.  

I've called customer service multiple times through the setup of my X1.  Sometimes I'm lucky and find someone that can help me through the multiple setup issues I have encountered.  If not for this forum I would be lost!  I must say even if they aren't able to help me they are very polite!  :-)  

Thanks for any assistance you can be!!!  

Official Employee

DonnitaMae wrote:

ComcastChad.. I am in the serviced area for X1 Cloud services.  Xfinity TV app and xtv.comcast.net show no recordings though I am able to see live TV (with issues).  

Problem 2:  When watching live TV the channel I'm watching switches to some unknown time to a show on that channel in the past rather than what is currently on the schedule.  

I've called customer service multiple times through the setup of my X1.  Sometimes I'm lucky and find someone that can help me through the multiple setup issues I have encountered.  If not for this forum I would be lost!  I must say even if they aren't able to help me they are very polite!  :-)  

Thanks for any assistance you can be!!!  

Sending your DVR issue up to our engineers to look at, your account is set up correct.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

DonnitaMae wrote:

ComcastChad wrote: 

Sending your DVR issue up to our engineers to look at, your account is set up correct.  

Thanks ComcastChad!  

I just discovered another problem.  

Problem 3:  I am unable to set a recording from the Xfinity TV app nor at xtv.comcast.net.  

Error from xtv.comcast.net:  

"Program Did Not Record

(Error 503.record)"

Error from Xfiinity TV app:

"Error

Your recording could not be scheduled at this time.  Please try again later."