Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast Business Internet (not on home wifi error)

Contributor

Comcast Business Internet (not on home wifi error)

Some channels say you are not on your home wifi! I have business internet through comcast. You need to fix this mess!

Contributor

Re: Comcast Business Internet not recognized for TV

WHY??? Why is Comcast Business Internet not considered in home network? It is YOUR internet after all. Would like some info on this!
Service Expert
Moved:

Contributor

Seriously, between my home office internet and house cable, I am paying you over 300$ per month. I want to be able to watch NFL Network on my pc using the business internet.

Contributor

A friend told me that If I turn on the hot spot wifi on my business modem and buy a USB wifi adapter for my pc I could login to the hot spot with my tv info and it would work.

This is not an acceptable solution when the bill for my internet is from COMCAST!
Contributor

I would like a response from someone in support please. Is there any plans to fix this issue or what?

Bronze Problem Solver

OG_PVP wrote:

I would like a response from someone in support please. Is there any plans to fix this issue or what?

I don't think you will receive a response from comcast on this matter. Comcast has seriously limited what shows/channels you can view while off the network that you are paying to receive the tv service.

Contributor

I am in the house with the cable boxes. I am just on Comcast Business Internet. It is IN THE NETWORK.
Bronze Problem Solver

OG_PVP wrote:
I am in the house with the cable boxes. I am just on Comcast Business Internet. It is IN THE NETWORK.

In comcast's eyes, they may consider your business as a seperate customer not alowed to see your home tv service. You will have to call them.

Contributor

I keep seeing you respond to other threads @ comcast support. Why not reply to answer here?
Problem Solver

I could have sworn I read about someone having the same problem with Business Internet and X1 service. I thought someone from Comcast said they could set something up where they would be able stream X1 through their home network. But for the life of me I can't find the post.  Trying to search through these forums is worse than sticking pins under your fingernails.

Try PMing a few of the forum admins, ComcastZach and ComcastTeds.  They might be able to point you in the right direction.

Contributor

Thanks! I sent one a PM.
Admin1

OG_PVP -- Per our PM conversation, you're unable to stream content because you don't have Residential Internet service. Your Residential Cable account will not link with your Business account to treat it as your In-Home Network. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastZach wrote:

OG_PVP -- Per our PM conversation, you're unable to stream content because you don't have Residential Internet service. Your Residential Cable account will not link with your Business account to treat it as your In-Home Network. 

Unbelievable to say the least.

Problem Solver

I did some searching in the forums and found this message saying X1 with Business Internet is doable. According to the link, your Business Internet should be in a residential environment. Not sure if yours is or not.

I knew I saw it somewhere. Hope it helps.