Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cloud recordings

New Poster

Cloud recordings

Does the functionality enabled by X1 DVR with Cloud Technology count against the XFINITY Internet data usage threshold?
Downloading and/or streaming DVR recordings, live TV or XFINITY On Demand content will not count against your Internet data usage threshold if you are connected to your in-home XFINITY network. However, if you choose to stream or download DVR recordings outside of the home, this may count against your data usage threshold.

This didn't answer my question. The word MAY in the last line needs to be a yes or no, so which is it? I watch a recording outside of my home does it count against my home data usage?

Official Employee

Re: Cloud recordings

scottriggle wrote:

Does the functionality enabled by X1 DVR with Cloud Technology count against the XFINITY Internet data usage threshold?
Downloading and/or streaming DVR recordings, live TV or XFINITY On Demand content will not count against your Internet data usage threshold if you are connected to your in-home XFINITY network. However, if you choose to stream or download DVR recordings outside of the home, this may count against your data usage threshold.

This didn't answer my question. The word MAY in the last line needs to be a yes or no, so which is it? I watch a recording outside of my home does it count against my home data usage?

No, if you stream or download a recording outside the home it does not count towards your home data usage.   It will count    against  what ever connection you are using (3G/4G or wifi connection). 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Cloud recordings

Thanks. didn't know since it was stored on my home dvr that I was going to get charged for uploading out of the house to whatever on the outside.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation