Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cloud dvr recordings corrupted

New Poster

Cloud dvr recordings corrupted

In December 2016, I noticed that my cloud dvr recordings had started skipping at random points. On the timeline at the bottom, it would say a reduced time compared to what the actual time recorded should have been, for example 30 minutes instead of 67 minutes, and there would be smooth skips. I called xfinity, and they said the cloud dvr has been corrupted and was being worked on. So I waited for about 9 months. In Spetember 2017, I started watching again, and everything seemed fine, but then slowly, the same problem started happening. Now, it is at a point where about 10-15% of some recordings on the cloud dvr are missing due to skips. Some shows are being affected more than others. I was wondering whether anyone knows a fix to this.

Thank you in advance.

Official Employee

Re: Cloud dvr recordings corrupted

Hi sabnisr, 

I'd like to investigate your issue further. In order for me to do so, I would like to take a look at the DVR and recordings you have scheduled to see if I can identify anything that would be causing this. Can you please provide examples of the recording that you have noticed this problem on? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue - Thank you to the OP for being so succinct about the problem.

I'm currently watching Chicago PD (Season 5; Episode 8 - "Politics") recorded on 11-29-2017

I've tried to restart my computer, reset my modem, re-provision my modem through Comcast, shut everything down and start them again but the issue persists.

Each "skip" jumps the video forward between 5-10 seconds. Missing dialogue on my favorite shows makes it hard to follow the storylines. Watching cloud recordings on my laptop at home isn't  possible while this problem exists.

Edit: Thought I'd add that I'm connected to my modem through the Ethernet cable, and not using Wi-Fi on my home network.

Official Employee

Hi ckenealy71,

Thanks for providing the details of your experience. I will begin to look further into this for you as well. What browser are you using when trying to watch Chicago PD? Is this the only recording that you've noticed this on? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

No - I'm currently watching Designated Survivor Season 2 Episode 8 "Home" and the same thing is occurring.

I don't think it's related to the recordings, but the playback as this seems to happen on any show I try to view. It's happened while watching episodes of "This is Us" in the past and other shows I don't recall.

I am using Chrome as my browser. I can attempt to use IE, or Firefox if you'd like to test those.

Official Employee

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, please do, test those as well. However, I have a feeling the outcome may be the same. Let me know and we'll go from there. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

The situation has got even worse. Most of the episodes don't even play now. A screen saying "Well that didn't go as planned... we're having trouble...."pops up.This happened with Marvel's agents of shield S5E1, ABC World News tonight with David Muir. THe skipping is still there on DC's legents of tomorrow S3E8. Alos another thing is the available recordings on the cloud are different on different computers. One computer say 85% space used with 55 recording, another computer says 77% full/47 recordings while actually on the DVR it says 89% full/69 recordings.
Official Employee

Hey sabnisr, 

Thanks for letting me know. I'd like to research this further. Could you please verify the primary email address you are using to login in through a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry for taking so long to follow-up.

Watching another program in IE now and it's happening. Doesn't seem to be as often, but the rate of skips was never consistent in Chrome either.

Not sure if MS Edge is any different than IE, but it's the Chicago PD episode I'm watching is unwatchable.

Official Employee

No worries. Thanks for following up. I'd like to check the provisioning of your account on the backend as well as your signal levels. Can you verify the email address you are using to login with in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Message Sent

Official Employee

Thanks! When this happens are you noticing issues on the actual DVR or mobile devices? I was able to locate some signal issues with your account that could be that cause of this. Can you tell me if there's a splitter on your line?  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I have a similar problem with the total number of shows (percentage) not matching. In my case, it shows 87% full 102 Recordings on the site and 4% full and 133 recordings on the TV. Also, had an issue with shows that I started to watch while they were recording. I was watching Live PD which is 3 hours long yet while I was watching (it had already finished airing) and was at 1:42:38, the recording ended but when I exited the video, it showed it recorded 180 minutes but only let me watch 102 minutes before stopping. 

Live PD screenshot 1.jpg
Live PD screenshot 2.jpg
Official Employee

Hi xolindsayox,

It sounds like there are some recording conflicts with the DVR. Do you mind if I take a look on the backend? Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I just wanted to point out that this is happening to me ON the X1 DVR itself for me, but I am viewing from a show that is stored in the cloud. My X1 just got replaced so i am watching shows recorded on the previous X1.
Official Employee

Hey Weldonl, 

Send me a private message with your primary email address. I can take a look. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

It only seems to happen on my laptop when watching remotely on my home network. There is a splitter in the wall that splits the incoming signal to three different outlets in the home.

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am having the same skipping issue. It happens when I use the stream tv app. It is happening on Chicago PD, law and order and others.
Official Employee

Hi ckenealy71,

Sorry for the delayed response. Are you still having the same issues with your recordings? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi Rwj819, 

I can help investigate your recording issues as well. Can you verify the primary email address used to login to the Stream app through a private message so I can pull up your account? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation