New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Closed Captioning Online

Official Employee

Closed Captioning Online

Hi all,

Starting on September 30, 2012, video programming owners and video programming distributors must begin to provide certain IP-delivered programming with closed captions. Specifically, full-length, pre-recorded programming that has already shown on TV with closed captions and that is not significantly edited for Internet distribution must contain captions when shown online. The deadlines to include closed captions in live programming and programming that has been edited for Internet are in 2013. Finally, certain content – such as video clips, outtakes and consumer generated media – are not covered by the new online closed captioning requirements, and this content will most likely not contain closed captions.

What can I watch that has closed captioning?

Browse for videos with closed captioning on XfinityTV.com using the filter option. Make sure to sign in using your Comcast User ID and password then browse either TV Series or Movies:

Select the Closed Captioning icon  in the filters box to view a complete list of videos with closed captions:

Once I have started a video, how do I turn on Closed Captioning?

If closed captioning is available, a message will appear in the bottom right position of the video screen when the video begins playback:

Selecting the CC icon  enables closed captions. Selecting it twice will disable closed captions.

How can I adjust the text size of Closed Captioning online?

On XfinityTV.com the size of closed caption text can also be adjusted to small, medium and large text sizes. Mouse over the CC icon  and select the desired text size:

If you have any further questions, please create a new thread and someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation