New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Clicking on Xfinity email links to view top picks

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Clicking on Xfinity email links to view top picks

So I'm on my iPad and looking at my weekly Xfinity email of stuff to watch this week.  In the email under "Editor's Top 5 Picks" there is an item for a 2-minute "Dexter" sneak peak.

So I click on the "Click for More" link and I exit my Mail app and my Safari browser launches and takes me to a page that says "Video can only be played through the XFINITY TV App." and there is a link button to download the free app.  But I already have the Xfinity TV app installed, so I launch the app but where do I go to see this "2-minute Dexter sneak peak"?

If I search for "Dexter", all I get is the available past seasons ready for viewing but that's all.  Where the .... is the sneak peak?

To make matters worse, I call Comcast tech support and after 10 minutes of waiting, the woman trying to help me can't cause she has to transfer me to another department.  So I'm on hold for another 10 minutes when all of a sudden, instead of hearing about Comcast stuff while on hold, I'm being told good things about Extended Stay Hotels.  What the ....?  Before I could even think of what the .... happened, a lady gets on the line and says "Thanks for calling Extended Stay Hotels, how may I help you?"

I hang up and proceed to call Comcast tech support again.  After another 10 minutes or more of waiting, I finally get a gentlemen who also can't help me but will again transfer me to the correct department.  But before I could even say anything, the line is already ringing but this time a recording answers and says "The department you are trying to reach is already closed.  Please call again tomorrow." Click, end of call.

I swear, every time I have to call Comcast for anything, it becomes a 45 minute ordeal.  Absolute worst customer service around and we customers have to accept it.

Does anyone out there know how to view stuff recommended on the Xfinity emails on the Xfinity TV app?

Oh, BTW, if I view the email on my Mac, it will take me to my Safari browser and as soon as I log in to Comcast, I'm able to view the clip after a brief advertisement.

Accepted Solution

Re: Clicking on Xfinity email links to view top picks

mistergsf wrote:
Joe:

There is nothing more frustrating than getting an answer that makes no sense and confuses the situation even more.

With all due respect, you say,
"Also, no videos from XFINITY.com/tv will not work on your iPad even in the Safari browser. You can only view content through the XFINITY TV App."

What the h does this mean? Will it or won't it play on Xfinity TV App? Read that sentence again.

Read my question again please. If I click on an email link on my iPad and Safari says I can only view in Xfinity TV App, where on Xfinity TV app can I view it? Or are you saying I can only view on Mac/PC?

The Dexter clip you are referring to only works on your PC or Mac.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Official Employee

mistergsf,

I am sorry that our customer service gave you the run around.

Most previews and clips that are attached in e-mails will most likely be for XFINITY.com/tv only unless otherwise noted.

Also, no videos from XFINITY.com/tv will not work on your iPad even in the Safari browser. You can only view content through the XFINITY TV App. It is like this because some of the content we are allowed to show online the content owners don't allow yet on tablets and mobile devices and sometimes vice versa.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Joe:

There is nothing more frustrating than getting an answer that makes no sense and confuses the situation even more.

"Also, no videos from XFINITY.com/tv will not work on your iPad even in the Safari browser. You can only view content through the XFINITY TV App."

What the h does this mean? Will it or won't it play on Xfinity TV App? Read that sentence again.

Read my question again please. If I click on an email link on my iPad and Safari says I can only view in Xfinity TV App, where on Xfinity TV app can I view it? Or are you saying I can only view on Mac/PC?
Official Employee

mistergsf wrote:
Joe:

The Dexter clip you are referring to only works on your PC or Mac.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Finally, THE ANSWER!!!

Why can't Comcast make this clear then?  Why have the link take me to my browser and tell me it's only viewable through Xfinity TV app when it's not true?  At the very least, a simple sentence or footnote in the email.  Look how much time I've wasted just to find this out.  

New Poster

Just received forced message on DVR for free Showtime through Jan 7th, just choose "top picks." There is no such thing as "Top picks" anywhere on DVR menus  or XFinity app (iPad). Thanks for poor communication comcast.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation