Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Choppy and poor quality online video

New Poster

Choppy and poor quality online video

What can I do to improve the quality of playing videos online through the xfinity online tv website?  I have confirmed that my PC exceeds the minimum requirements and that I close other programs before trying to play the videos.  Both tv episodes and movies play poorly and I have to change the quality setting to low to get the video to play without being choppy or having delays.

New Poster

Re: Choppy and poor quality online video

I am now having the same problem... It used to work perfectly, and now anything from xfinity online (movies,TV, etc.) using adobe flash is very poor quality, with choppy, stalling video. It only does this on one of my machines, the others work fine, including my iPad. This machine far exceeds all requirements, and did work fine for years until a few months ago. I have reinstalled Adobe Flash, checked and double check all settings. I have tried in other browers (Explorer, FireFox, Google Chrome) all with the same problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Choppy and poor quality online video

I too have this issue...I have an i7 proc. with 16 GB of RAM and an nvidia GTX760 graphics card. Video seemes to be skipping frames.  I am currently and up to date on my drivers and my Flash. My internet connection is at 50Mbps with 16ms of latency. There is no issue on my end, as I can stream Netflix without issue....any help would be greatly appreciated.

New Poster

This is why Comcast Sucks Hard

Nice customer support comcast. This is why you a55holes rank so poorly in customer service. your garbage doesnt even work.

New Poster

Re: This is why Comcast Sucks Hard

I was having the same issue. If you're using multiple graphics cards try only running one. I have two hd 7000 series in xfire setup. After disabling xfire the video played very well.

Charlie