Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Choppy Xfinity TV Playback

ANSWERED
New Poster

Choppy Xfinity TV Playback

I am having choppy xfinity tv playback...only on xfinity.  I can watch netflix, youtube, etc without any issues.  I have uninstalled Microsoft Silverlight and re-installed, cleared browsing history and cache, tried using different browsers, reset router and cable modem.  Problem began yesterday.  FIX IT. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Choppy Xfinity TV Playback

I'm having the same issue aswell. Buffering problem. Netflix works fine, checked my internet connection (30 mbs), wired/wireless, mac, windows. different browsers, same issue. It happens with most shows I try to watch, weeds, game of thrones. Even when I change the quality setting to "speed" instead of "quality"

Please address this problem, it is very annoying.

Zip 95051

View answer in context
Official Employee

Vansmak wrote:

I am having choppy xfinity tv playback...only on xfinity.  I can watch netflix, youtube, etc without any issues.  I have uninstalled Microsoft Silverlight and re-installed, cleared browsing history and cache, tried using different browsers, reset router and cable modem.  Problem began yesterday.  FIX IT. 

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Same here.  I can watch everything else perfectly fine.. YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc..  But anything xfinity is choppy as heck on my Windows 7 machine with Core i7 2.93Ghz with 8GB ram.. Windows Experience Index 7.5.. In fact, I can have all the above streaming all at the same time.. but it can't handle a single xfinity stream.  Interesting thing is that Disney, and CNN streams work just fine on standalone apps on my iPad.  WatchESPN is barely watchable no matter what.. dismal video quality.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/cnn

My Device Information
My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:71.196.204.113My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; AskTbFXTV5/5.9.1.14019)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.4 r402Javascript:enabled Cookies:Enabled (2160 Bytes)
Time Information
My Clock Time:Tue Nov 6 21:36:13 MST 2012Server Clock Time:Tue Nov 6 21:35:44 MST 2012

My Account Information
Primary Account:TrueProvider Codes:bq, ce, cd, cf, bv, b, cm, bw, d, al, ci, a, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bm, bl, bo, cc, bnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:False

Official Employee

yjchung wrote:

Same here.  I can watch everything else perfectly fine.. YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc..  But anything xfinity is choppy as heck on my Windows 7 machine with Core i7 2.93Ghz with 8GB ram.. Windows Experience Index 7.5.. In fact, I can have all the above streaming all at the same time.. but it can't handle a single xfinity stream.  Interesting thing is that Disney, and CNN streams work just fine on standalone apps on my iPad.  WatchESPN is barely watchable no matter what.. dismal video quality.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/live/network/cnn

My Device Information
My Zip Code:UnknownMy Cable Provider:UnknownMy myDVR Manager Status:UnknownMy Set Top Box Names:UnknownMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:falseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:71.196.204.113My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.1My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; AskTbFXTV5/5.9.1.14019)My system typeesktop computer or other deviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.4 r402Javascript:enabled Cookies:Enabled (2160 Bytes)
Time Information
My Clock Time:Tue Nov 6 21:36:13 MST 2012Server Clock Time:Tue Nov 6 21:35:44 MST 2012

My Account Information
Primary Account:TrueProvider Codes:bq, ce, cd, cf, bv, b, cm, bw, d, al, ci, a, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bm, bl, bo, cc, bnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:False

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I've tried with IE9, Chrome 23, Firefox 16, Opera 12 with the same result.  The videos stream fine (barely noticable pauses once in a while) on my Windows 8 machine.  But all of my Windows 7 machines have choppy video (pauses every 2 seconds or so).  That's a Core i7 desktop, Core i7 laptop, Core i5 laptop, AMD laptop, Core i3 desktop.  Yes, all five machines with Windows 7 Home Premium with latest video drivers and updates have choppy xfinity video. 

Official Employee

yjchung wrote:

I've tried with IE9, Chrome 23, Firefox 16, Opera 12 with the same result.  The videos stream fine (barely noticable pauses once in a while) on my Windows 8 machine.  But all of my Windows 7 machines have choppy video (pauses every 2 seconds or so).  That's a Core i7 desktop, Core i7 laptop, Core i5 laptop, AMD laptop, Core i3 desktop.  Yes, all five machines with Windows 7 Home Premium with latest video drivers and updates have choppy xfinity video. 

Are you on a wired or wireless internet connection?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Both i7 and Win8 machines are wired with gigabit router.  The others are wireless 802.11n.

My router is Asus RT-N66U with the latest firmware.

It's not my network or the internet speed.  

I've tested following scenarios:

2 iPads streaming separate Netflix movies in HD.

2 computers streaming 1080p YouTube videos

1 computer streaming a Hulu show

all of these simultaneously.. no problems.

I shutdown everything.. try to stream cnn from xfinity.tv from one of my i7 machines.. stutter.

Personally, I think Comast needs to upgrade its stream authentication system.. I think the whole lagging starts from there... but that's just a guess.

New Poster

Hi, Same problem here too. I'm supposed to have the "Blast" internet, and I can stream TV from Netflix with no choppy-ness and great quality. However, the quality is poor and the play is choppy streaming from Xfinity/hulu. Using Safari Version 5.1.8 on a Macbook Pro, trying to currently stream:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Office/4902514835143843112/17130051939/Junior-Salesman/videos

but I've had this problem on several different shows. Please advise. 

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 120 My Map ID: 155 My Persona ID: 12654 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 24.131.84.233 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 5.1 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.58.2 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/5.1.8 Safari/534.58.2 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 4.0.60129.0 My flash version: 11.6 R602 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2656 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Thu Mar 21 2013 22:29:52 GMT-0400 (EDT) Server Clock Time: Thu Mar 21 2013 22:29:51 GMT-0400 (EDT)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Cy, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, G, Ak, Aw, Ar, Dc, Dd, Cg, Cq, Da, Cu, Au, Bv, B, Cz, U, Cr, Br, Cx, Bt, Ca, Ai, Cm, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Ax, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Cv, Bz, Db, Bm, Co, Bl, Bk, Bp, Cw, Cj, Bo, J, Cc, F, M, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
New Poster

I too am experiencing this choppy playback. About every minute or so the video stops for several seconds. It really makes it unwatchable.

Looks like a problem with xfinity's buffering algorithm. The problem started in the last month or so. Did you guys (xfinity) update the software in the last month? If so, maybe you should revert the software to an earlier version?

I have tried multiple browsers, reset my router and modem, rebooted computer. Here's some info:

My Device Information

My Zip Code:02144
My Cable Provider:Not Installed
Use Dac:False
My Conroller ID:163
My Map ID:65
My Persona ID:5128
My myDVR Manager Status:Not Installed
My Set Top Box Names:Not Installed
My Queue setup:False
Facebook Queue Syncing:False
Facebook Connect:False
My public IP address:98.216.107.232
My operating system:Windows - Undefined
My web browser:Chrome 25 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.22 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/25.0.1364.172 Safari/537.22
My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device
My Silverlight version:5.1.20125.0
My flash version:11.6 R602
Javascript : Enabled
Cookies:Enabled (2760 Bytes).

Time Information

My Clock Time:Fri Mar 22 2013 22:19:41 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Server Clock Time:Fri Mar 22 2013 22:19:49 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:False
Primary Account:True
Provider Codes:Bi, Bj, Cy, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Cu, Bv, B, Cx, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Ci, A, Bu, By, Cn, Ax, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Cv, Db, Co, Bl, Cw, Bo, J, Cc, Bn
Internet Subscriber:True
Cable TV Subscriber:True
Voice Subscriber:False

Regular Visitor

I've been watching Showtime to see if I like it. Choppy playback. Buffering stalls. It's like a bad Satellite Dish. Ditto with all the comments from people having the same exact problems. Netfflix, Youtube, hulu, and all other services give me excellent HD quality. It's like Comcast has too much plumbing and not enough water pressure. I don't have time to beta test.. I've been following this problem for 2+ years now. I thought I'd try it again with the comcast free watching offer through 3-31-13. Since these complaints have been around for years now, I see that comcast still has no solution. Given the problems I've had in the past dealing with  Comcast customer service, I won't be making any changes to my current service. It's funny. Comcast sent me an email a couple of days ago telling me that my speed had just been increased without any additional cost. By the way, I see no improvement. It's like I'm standing in a bread line in the former Soviet Union.

New Poster

I as well am running windows 7 machines w/ decent specs wired directly to the smc d3 dory using latest version of everything... streaming from my android devices works great, I've been using that for the time being. but pleaseeee, fix it Smiley Sad

New Poster

I'm having the same issue aswell. Buffering problem. Netflix works fine, checked my internet connection (30 mbs), wired/wireless, mac, windows. different browsers, same issue. It happens with most shows I try to watch, weeds, game of thrones. Even when I change the quality setting to "speed" instead of "quality"

Please address this problem, it is very annoying.

Zip 95051

Tags (1)
New Poster

I am having this same problem with the following streams:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Vikings/5369987084856006112/24897603534/Burial-of-the-Dead/videos

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Spartacus/7511923708853028112/22066755515/Ep-310---Victory/videos

Here is my information:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 30062 My Cable Provider: Recommended By Comcast Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 154 My Map ID: 164 My Persona ID: 6936 My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.59.51.25 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 27 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.47 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My Flash version: 11.7.700 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (3299 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Wed Apr 17 2013 21:59:56 GMT-0400 (EDT) Server Clock Time: Wed Apr 17 2013 21:59:57 GMT-0400 (EDT)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Cy, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, G, Ak, Aw, Ar, Dc, Dd, Cg, Cq, Da, Cu, Au, Bv, B, Cz, U, Cr, C, Br, Cx, Bt, Cm, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Ax, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Cv, Bz, Db, Bm, Co, Bl, Bk, Bp, Cw, Cj, Bo, J, Cc, F, M, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Frequent Visitor

Me too. Game of Thrones. Opened chat sessions with tech support, but they seem to have a very shallow script. 

My Device Information My Zip Code: 94502 My Cable Provider: Recommended By Comcast Use Dac: 1 My Conroller ID: 172 My Map ID: 295 My Persona ID: 9853 My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1, Family Room My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 174.62.94.185 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 6 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_3) AppleWebKit/536.29.13 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/6.0.4 Safari/536.29.13 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: Unknown My Flash version: 11.6.602 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2776 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Apr 22 2013 21:06:06 GMT-0700 (PDT) Server Clock Time: Mon Apr 22 2013 21:06:06 GMT-0700 (PDT)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Cy, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, G, Ak, Aw, Ar, Dc, Dd, Cg, Cq, Da, Cu, Au, Bv, B, Cz, U, Cr, C, Br, Cx, Bt, Cm, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Ax, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Cv, Bz, Db, Bm, Co, Bl, Bk, Bp, Cw, Cj, Bo, J, Cc, F, M, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

I, too have similar issues. Watching Doctor Who seasons 1-6 on Amazon in HD was absolutely beautiful. Never a glitch on my TV. Watching season 7 through Comcast is horrendous. 27mb down speed on my internet but the video pauses and buffers every seconds.Tried using my i3 based media center PC as well as my i7 laptop. Both Windows 7.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 95112 My Cable Provider: Not Installed Use Dac: false My Conroller ID: Unknown My Map ID: Unknown My Persona ID: 1 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 76.102.99.204 My operating system: Windows - rv:20.0 My web browser: Firefox 20 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20125.0 My Flash version: 11.7.700 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (471 Bytes).

New Poster

is comcast joe going to reply? this seems to be a fairly common problem

New Poster

If he does reply it will just to be to make it look like the problem is on your end.

New Poster

I too am having this exact same issue.  Windows 7 doesn't matter if I use IE, Firefox, or Chrome.  Netflix and Hulu work fine.  So frustrated, have a technician coming out on Sunday.

Official Employee
Regular Visitor

Same problem even on my windows 8 laptop which is on a wired not wifi connection. why don't you let us download videos like on the android app the playback would be fine.
New Poster

It seems that the real problem with Xfinity to go, is that they could not hire any good application engineers to fix this problem. They told me that it would be fixed by Xmas (they lied). I am going to all my social media outlets to let the world know that Xfinity is putting out half baked product. I suggest you do the same.

New Poster

Xfinity has no support for their applications.......their engineering department has special-needs. Why woud you replace a application that worked (fairly well) with one that stops every 2 seconds. Hello....engineering 101 says to test your applications before you release them!!!! Someone needs to fire the head of engineering.....some guy named Forest Gump.

New Poster

I do not know anything about applicatons, so since I need a job, I thgouht I would apply.....I think my chances of getting a job are pretty good.

New Poster

I have had the same issues as everyone else. I have found the problem and more importantly a solution! First of all this has nothing to do with xfinity and everthing to do with the FLASH player that we are all forced to use. There is a bug in the buffer on startup of new content in the flash player. The way around this bug is to start the video then ajust the playback to low. After that, toggle the player back a minute or two ( so that it plays in the setting you just made) then set playback to auto. Again, toggle the player back a bit so that it now plays in the auto setting. This should fix most systems that are up to date and aren't running windows 98. Good luck to you.

New Poster

Choppy playback, very unwatchable. Android app works great, but pc viewing doesn't. Please address this issue.

Official Employee

xxsocraticxx,

Would you be able to provide some detail around your experience? Specifically what channel or episode you were watching and what browser and operating system you're on?

This will help us troubleshoot this more effectively.

Thanks,

Andy

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Having the same problem!  Tried safari/firefox/google chrome on my MacBook Pro (running the most up-to-date flash player, OSX, etc), tried both wired and wireless. My internet speed test says my download speeds are around 26mbps BUT xfinitytv playback is choppy to the point of being totally unwatchable, as is Netflix. So far it has not mattered what tv show or episode I try to watch.  The only thing that sometimes works is watching it on "low" quality, but this is not a consistent solution.  Nothing works for Netflix. Youtube and vimeo work fine, downloading music/movies works fine.

New Poster

It's now June of 2014 and Xfinity's streaming is still choppy. Of course the ads play fine, and every so often the programming might as well, but it's sporadic and rare. Like everyone else, everything plays fine ... except Xfinity.

Since I spend most of my day by my computer, I hope they fix this fast. I'm not under contract with Comcast.

New Poster

Do you have a fix yet ? my video is till choppy! my speed test is fantastic I have a gigabit network and can't  watch a show on the computer. I pay a lot of money for the service. my on demand works good on the tv. but the computers suck!!!!

Regular Visitor

The only thing I use Comcast for is the internet connection. I watch media direct on the internet. Got a Core I7 chip, 8 gigs of ram, and a great modem with wifi. As long as I do that, I'm a happy camper.

Joel

New Poster

My playback has gone from decent to abysmal over the past month or so. It's gotten to the point where the online playback experience is unendurable. Video is choppy, audio is choppy, picture freezes and audio continues. Have reset modem several times to no avail.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 01906 My Cable Provider: Comcast Saugus Digital Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: 161 My Map ID: 48 My Persona ID: 11301 My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 2601:6:1d00:661:745a:2955:19f3:62da My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 36 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.125 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20913.0 My Flash version: 14.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2701 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Aug 12 2014 06:43:00 GMT-0400 (EDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Aug 12 2014 06:43:00 GMT-0400 (EDT)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Du, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Dd, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Jg, Gf, Bu, By, Em, Bs, At, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Ir, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Cz, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Bx, Dw, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, Bq, G, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Dl, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dk, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem.

My Device Information My Zip Code: 08054 My Cable Provider: Comcast Garden State Digital Use Dac: False My Conroller ID: 16 My Map ID: Unknown My Persona ID: 10986 My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Livingroom My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: True Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 2601:C:5b80:11ce:39ba:3184:56e9:38b9 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 36 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.143 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.30514.0 My Flash version: 14.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2436 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Aug 18 2014 13:08:46 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Mon Aug 18 2014 13:08:33 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Cy, Du, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Dd, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Ca, Gi, Ja, Bw, Jg, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Ir, Gh, Dp, Gn, Jc, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Cz, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Bx, Dw, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Bk, Er, Fv, Dy, Cj, Bo, Dn, Ft, Bq, G, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Dl, Jl, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dk, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, D, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

I'm not even wasting bandwith to post all my pc spec but zip code97302, NW OREGON and the same as everyone else with windows 7 and both a wired and a WIFI LINK.

On the WiFi links I Wasted a weekend trying Two different routers, both on 2.4 GHZ and then 5 GHz bands, then 2 different Win 7 machines thru the Lan cable, of course I ran thru 3 Lan cables but still no resolution.

Xfinity is all start stop with excessive buffering latency issues with up to 5 minutes of stopping and stalling, youtube is fine as is Netflix.

We just found a local provider who uses a Microwave link and will probably drop comcast after talking this issue over with other ex comcast customers here in Salem Oregon.

New Poster

same problem.  however, if i simply change off of my comcast internet and switch to my verizon mobile phone as a wifi hotspot, it works fine.  so, it's not the pc equipment or the browser (unless there's something in my browser that says not to work for comcast delivery only for verizon).  as soon as i switch the connection back to the comcast router source (wifi or hardwired), once the buffer clears, condition returns.  so, it appears it's not the client pc equipment, it's somewhere on the connection infrastructure.

New Poster

Same Problem. It's very apparent that Comcast has very little customer service and cares even less about its customer base and reputation. With so many steaming services out on the market, the only way they can keep up is to down throttle the competition. God forbid that put out a decently coded steaming service that isnt choppy that is teathered to THIER OWN INTERNET SERVICE. Comcast, I'm so happy about the recent net neutrality ruling, maybe you will get your act togeather or I will relish the day you are wiped clean out of the market for good.

New Poster

Same issue - very frustrating. Happens regularly across devices. X1 was going to keep me with Comcast, but if it doesn't even work what's the point?

My Device Information My Zip Code: 03823 My Cable Provider: Recommended By Comcast Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 161 My Map ID: 50 My Persona ID: 11392 My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Watchlist setup: False Facebook Watchlist Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 2601:6:4a80:436:2c0f:ff3f:9b58:4191 My operating system: Mac - Undefined My web browser: Safari 8 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_2) AppleWebKit/600.3.18 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/8.0.3 Safari/600.3.18 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.30514.0 My Flash version: 16.0.0 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1705 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Mar 17 2015 10:25:04 GMT-0400 (EDT) Server Clock Time: Tue Mar 17 2015 10:25:04 GMT-0400 (EDT)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: True Primary Account: True Provider Codes: Jt, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Dm, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, Fc, Eh, Gi, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Bi, Bj, Ce, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Ew, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Df, Cu, Ir, Jq, C, Fe, N, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Fn, Ff, Jm, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Jb, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Ft, Jh, El, Bq, Jk, Je, Jl, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, Es, Gj, Ev, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

Same problem...when i stream with xfinity on my laptop it lags major...i have to change the vid quality to low in order to get through the video, so its either low definition with no lag or like standard definition with ma aa joo rr lag. Lol. Reading one persons posting, maybe it has something to do with the tv's landline being the same as the internets landline. Remeber dsl? If you use your house phone while someone is online the internet kind of lags. So maybe if someone is watching tv/comcast cable while someone else is trying to stream through...hmm how can i say...'cable online' then that maybe cause a lag for the xfinity online tv service? Idk...i just with i can watch shows with a good picture with no lag, even the commercials lag! Now thats bad...

New Poster

You would think that with so many complaints for the same thing that there would be a concern on the Xfinity end and a considered response.  I don't know if it is the streaming server because I can launch the TV Go app on my iPad and have perfect streaming, then move to my (brand new and powerful) PC and have choppy and essentially unwatchable streaming there.  As many have stated already, watching anything else on the PC is no problem including HBO Go, Netflix, etc.  It's just watching TV Go on the Xfinity site and makes no difference which browser is being used.

New Poster

Same problem here - glad it's not just me, but upset that I'm paying for something that obviously doesn't work as advertised.

New Poster

I have noticed if you are logged out of your account and streaming it does this and also if you have other internet windows openinside your browser. I'm not saying this fix's it but it seem's to help....

New Poster

A lot of noise in this thread regarding whose fault.  IF CHANGE MY MACHINE FROM WIRELESS ROUTER to MOBILE TELEPHONE as the connection, the problem stops.  It seems to me, therefore, that it could NOT be the COMPUTER (even though Comcast likes that 'it's you' answer).  If it were the computer, the problem would occur irrespective of signal source.  The problem is somewhere in the way the signal is routed through the hardwired router; I get the same condition whether I have a hardwired client machine to my router (CAT6) in my home or if I am on the WIFI in my home.   When the signal comes from MOBILE, works; signal through the CABLE to my home, it does not work: signal stutters and buffers so much to be unusable.  So, it may simply be contention for data by people sharing the digital line, which puts COMCAST at risk.

New Poster

I had many of the same problems. Turns out that I think it's due to buggy flash/hardware acceleration (at least mine is). The solution for me was to uncheck "enable hardware acceleration" in flash settings. It's sort of difficult to get to-- you have to start playing a video and then right-click the video in order to access the setting. Here's the help page for how to uncheck it:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help01.html

Hope this helps someone else!

New Poster

Often (and right now) poor/choppyTV stream thorough your "http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch-live-tv/". At the same time, my internet connection is fine: THE VERY SAME LIVE TV comes perfectly well through another providers, e.g. CNN, Foxnews, etc. This xfinity isue has been a problem not once or twice, but on and off for many months - apparently, your IT management is incompetent. Enough is enough - I think we will unsubscribe !

Regular Visitor

I've been trying to get a reply to this question for forever. They use an EXTREMELY in adequate version of their player which brings video from THIRD PARTY Websites to be played through their own. Many of the shows you see are from Hulu and, guess what, those are the ones which will give you the most trouble! They don't even have a good quality algorythm. You can right click to change the quality, but the site overides that and gives you High or Low. No inbetween. They simply need to change how they deliver their content!

Regular Visitor

Funny how I never have any trouble on my tablets or phone, just on my PC and Mac computers. It IS the delivery system: bad player, third party content delivere VIA a bad player, and conflicting Flash controls (there are controls in the player menu which are overridden by the "quality" selection in the info bar at the bottom of the player.)

Regular Visitor

The Flash player configuration is the biggest problem. There are conflicting setting for quality (one set in the right click menu and one set in the player GUI). Also, streaming from a third party (as most of these do since a great deal of the content is being hosted on Hulu and transferred to Comcast THEN transferred to the end user) does NOT make for a seamless data stream. No matter how fast your connection is, you are losing data packets in the transfer which translates to choppy video and audio and a VERY unsatisfied customer.

I hope they fix this soon. Smiley Happy

Service Expert
Moved:

Post removed for bypassing the language filters in violation of Forum Guidelines.

Regular Visitor

Honestly though, can you blame them for being so adamant about the lack of a fix we are seeing? I've been waiting over a year for some kind of fix to this problem, but not even a single useful suggestion has been given here.

The moderators seem to be able to see foul language being posted (and I am glad it is removed), but none of the techs have given us a way to fix the choppy playback on a service for which we pay good money to use.

Please tell your Internet people to change the player! The way this Flash Player is configured is terrible! The on-screen controls conflict with the machine and Web settings. The third party content being streamed is delayed by the routing of the packets via Comcast's interface and the whole thing goes down hill from there when the computer has to process the feed as it comes over the Wifi or LAN. Yes, even plugging the computer directly into the router with a CAT-5 cable does not help the playback.

Thank you for your time.

New Poster

I was watching NFL Sunday night on my PC through xfinity and it was stuttering. I then noticed that the same game was also offered on Yahoo so I tried that. No stuttering there, so it's definately an infinity problem.

New Poster

Thanks for posting that link!

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats