Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Choppy Video TV GO Android

New Poster

Choppy Video TV GO Android

Hello. Apologies if this has been asked before but I'd like to know if its a unique problem pertaining to just me. 

Phone: HTC One M7 GSM Google Play Edition

Issue: Choppy Video. I use Xfinity TV Go to watch shows with my Chromecast through the Screen Mirroring option. I noticed that the video surprisingly has no lag (meaning the lips and sound sync great) but the video does not play at a constant 30fps. At first I thought it was the mirroring that was causing the issue. But then I realized it was playing the same way when watching video my phone as well. 

Now my phone is more than powerful to play the video. My internet speed was much much more than adequate to play the video. So the problem lies with the app or some sort of incompatibility with my phone and os combo specifically. Its weird but it seems like some sort of buffering issue? Its not the normal stuttering I've seen before due to internet speed or phone hardware issues. Quality is just fine. 

I can give a bug report if need be. Please just ask. Thanks!

New Poster

Re: Choppy Video TV GO Android

Just switched the video quality to Medium and it seems to have made the video run much smoother. Hope this helps.

BTW the post above was not a solution. It didn't completely fix the problem for one and for two it shouldn't be choppy at high quality anyways. Thanks.

New Poster

Re: Choppy Video TV GO Android

Anyone?  I mistankingly hit the "accepted solution" button.

I reported this to Comcast over the phone. Unfortunately they called me twice at 8AM when I was sleeping.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation