Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Checked out download on unnamed device

New Poster

Checked out download on unnamed device

Have tried to download stuff from my DVR with moderate success. A few times however it locks up and then when I try to cancel it and return the content to my DVR it thinks the content is still on an unnamed device. It's not. So I can't watch the content on any device in my home, I can't delete it and I can't return it because the system doesn't acknowledge the device as being the one with the content on it. Le sigh. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Checked out download on unnamed device

You might be able to sign out and back into the app, since signing out returns all downloads sometimes it helps return downloads that were on the device but ... not.

Official Employee

Lindsayelew wrote:

Have tried to download stuff from my DVR with moderate success. A few times however it locks up and then when I try to cancel it and return the content to my DVR it thinks the content is still on an unnamed device. It's not. So I can't watch the content on any device in my home, I can't delete it and I can't return it because the system doesn't acknowledge the device as being the one with the content on it. Le sigh. 

Are you still seeing this issue?  If yes can you try logging out and back into the app?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Go to https://device.comcast.net/devices and logon with your primary user account. Select the X1 DVR Downloads tab and delete/remove all the devices listed.  You might even see an "unnamed device" in the list. This should release the show back to the DVR.  It worked for the user in this thread.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation