Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Channel Guide is not Working

New Poster

Channel Guide is not Working

I have not been able to use the Channel guide for several weeks. Without this feature I am no longer able to set my DVR. I have to go onto my lap top. The message is Data Unavailable. We're experiencing difficulties. You can continue to use the app, but not all area will be working. The area I need to work has not worked for several weeks. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Its working as it does read our TV. Looks like the last update on this app was in July. The customer experience at this time is less then satisfying.Update is needed.

New Poster

TV channel guide has not worked for over 3 weeks

The app does not work on any of my apple products, 2 iPhones and a iPad, when will this be fixed????

New Poster

Re: TV channel guide has not worked for over 3 weeks

this also happened to me and i deleted and then reinstalled the app.
Regular Visitor

I deleted and reinstalled the app and it still does not work.  Smartphone app working fine.

Silver Problem Solver

so the app is not working for you, it works for millions of others so you need to look at why it does not work for you.  YOu did not give much info in your post.

make sure you have your zip code set correctly in the app that is the most common cause of the app not showing the tv listings.  then you can try to clear cookies and cache and then clear all user data from the app under settings.  then restart.  If none of that works uninstall the app, restart and then reinstall it.   Are you just trying to use the app to watch things??

If none of that works you will need to call comcast and have them check your account to make sure its set up correctly

New Poster

When is Comcast going to fix this portion of the APP. I can no longer set the DVR from my iphone. It states data unavailable we are experiencing dome difficulties. This has gone on for several weeks. I have deleted the APP and readded it. It reads our TV upon set up, I just can not use the options I once likes about this APP. PLEASE FIX IT.

Silver Problem Solver

check to make sure you zip code in the app is set correctly this is most likely your issue.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Channel Guide is not Working

check the zip code in the app, the latest update set the zip to a comcast default not your actual one.  change this and it should work.

Official Employee

Re: Channel Guide is not Working

Hi all,

Please read jgregc solution in this thread:  

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/TV-Listing-Data-Unavailable-Message-on-iOS-App-Fi...

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon