Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cant watch On Demand on my Ipad 2

Frequent Visitor

Cant watch On Demand on my Ipad 2

After three calls to Comcast and talking to 5 different people I still can't watchn On Demand tv or movies. The box tells me that I am not an On Demand subscriber. I have verified that I should have access to On Demand on my iPad as I do on my DVR but doesn't happen. Two days ago an expert iPad person was to call. But no one has. Any ideas?
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cant watch On Demand on my Ipad 2

First of all do not hold your breath for a call.   So you downloaded the xfinitytv app for IOS and you synched it with your cable boxes I would assume.  When you press the app and sign in with the primary users account id what happens?  

Frequent Visitor

So far I've talked to 10 different people at Comcast. No results. It's like they don't even have a clue what I'm talking about. On and on. When I sign on to the app it identifys my DVR correctly. Everything seems to work fine until I select a program using On Demand and then it tells me I need a subscription to watch it. I have On Demand and have for years. Don't know how to sync my iOs with my DVR. Although I could have done that without knowing I suppose. Any help would be appreciated.
Official Employee

Jmobbs3 wrote:
So far I've talked to 10 different people at Comcast. No results. It's like they don't even have a clue what I'm talking about. On and on. When I sign on to the app it identifys my DVR correctly. Everything seems to work fine until I select a program using On Demand and then it tells me I need a subscription to watch it. I have On Demand and have for years. Don't know how to sync my iOs with my DVR. Although I could have done that without knowing I suppose. Any help would be appreciated.

So when you find a show to play on your iPad, the videos have orange keys on them telling you that you need to be a subscriber? And these networks that you are trying to watch on your iPad are indeed working on your TV/On Demand?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

No. Thats not correct. I understand that the orange keys require a subscription such as for HBO or Showtime etc. which I don't have. What I'm talking about is On Demand not a subscription channel. As I mentioned I currently can access On Demand features either free or for pay on my DVR at home.
Frequent Visitor

Maybe the REAL question is... Can you really watch On Demand on your iPad? Evidently not.
Official Employee

Jmobbs3 wrote:
Maybe the REAL question is... Can you really watch On Demand on your iPad? Evidently not.

When on the Xfinity TV App click the Play Now tab and then start a video. If the video does not play, what specific issues are you seeing?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

The Play Now works perfectly. It's the On Demand play ,"Watch On", that will not work and says that I need a subscription. The box I get after selecting a movie, or tv program, even a free one still says I need a subscription. The box certainly implies I can watch it om my iPad. Example, under On Demand I select NCIS or The Office, all free on On Demand. After my selection I get a box that shows all of the available programs for that series. I select the program and it gives me an option to "Watch On". So click on that and it recognizes my DVR and then I get the "need a subscription" message. Hope that makes it clear.
Silver Problem Solver

all the watch on does is send a message to the cable box that tells you to watch that channel click ok.  Its useless.  you cant select the show and then click watch now and it starts on your cable box, that is not how it works, at least not for me.  Like I said all it does is send a message to the cable box you then need to pick up the remote and tune to the channel. so whats the purpose just pick up the remote to start with and do it that way.

Frequent Visitor

UNCLE!! I give up. I've figured out how to sync my iPad and DVR however according to the video on On Demand thru the DVR I should be able to pick a show on my iPad and watch it on my TV. Nope. Can't do that either. The message I get now is " This program is not available on your cable box, please choose another". These are all free tv series So far NO program I select thru On Demand is on my cable box. Frustrated, that's an understatement.
Official Employee

Jmobbs3 wrote:
UNCLE!! I give up. I've figured out how to sync my iPad and DVR however according to the video on On Demand thru the DVR I should be able to pick a show on my iPad and watch it on my TV. Nope. Can't do that either. The message I get now is " This program is not available on your cable box, please choose another". These are all free tv series So far NO program I select thru On Demand is on my cable box. Frustrated, that's an understatement.

What happens when you try to start an episode of The Office On Demand through your cable box? Does it give you the same message?

I have never seen this issue before and I appreciate your feedback and patience. I have also alerted some other reps asking if they have ever seen this; still awaiting a reply.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Silver Problem Solver

Like I said earlier you cannot pick a show and have it start on your cable box no matter what the comcast site says, all it does is send a message to the box for you to change the channel if the show is available on the box, like I also said not every show that you can watch through the app is available on the regular box.   If the show you select is available it says watch on demand next to it in the app if you touch watch on demand it sends a signal to the box that says please use your comcast remote to complete this transaction.  So you get the remote and hit enter and the show will start there.  So just use the remote and your box to do it as you will have to anyway. 

Make sure when you go into the app you press the ondemand button first, those are the shows that should be available on your box.

Frequent Visitor

Watching The Office and other programs work perfectly thru my DVR cable box. I get no message. It just works.
Silver Problem Solver

Thats correct that's how it works. If you do it through your ipad it works the way I previously described it.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation