Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot watch anything from xfinity player app on iPhone 4

New Poster

Cannot watch anything from xfinity player app on iPhone 4

I've tried all different tv shows and movies and it looks like it's going to play, then says sorry we've experienced some problems playing your video. Please help. I've had the app for a while and it has never worked.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Cannot watch anything from xfinity player app on iPhone 4

Shanac wrote:
I've tried all different tv shows and movies and it looks like it's going to play, then says sorry we've experienced some problems playing your video. Please help. I've had the app for a while and it has never worked.

What version iOS and version of the XFINITY TV Player App are you using?

Are you able to try another Wi-Fi connection?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I too have been unsuccessful in getting this app to work right out of the gate. I've tried Wifi and 4G neither work. I tried changing the settings to no avail. Looks like this app is a shiny turd, nothing more...
Silver Problem Solver

ronz the app does work and works great, its just not working for you.  The app does not work in all markets, and does not work on all devices.  If either of you would care to post what cable box you have and what devices your trying to use it with that would be helpful.   Also you have to get dvr manager working with your computer before even thinking about using the app.

Service Expert

rog286713 wrote:

Also you have to get dvr manager working with your computer before even thinking about using the app.

The Xfinity Player app does not require DVR manager. It has nothing to do with a DVR. It's a separate program which can be used to watch shows offered in the app.

The only thing required for using the app is a Comcast user name.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have been trying to get this to work for 3 months on my iPhone 5 iOS 6.1.1 and nothing it tries to play but get message saying it can't. I've tried over 4G and several wifi networks and nothing changes.

Also I can't get my DVR manager to work or even online. It says online I don't have a DVR in my home but yet I do and it's compatible with it as well. Seems to me all Comcast apps are "turds" from my experience and when you try to get help online or over phone you get no where.
New Poster

iphone 4, ios 5.1.1,  Sorry , we've experienced a problem..... works on ipad in the house so I know our market supports it.  Did allow me to download a movie but when I went to play it I got the same error I was getting when trying to stream.  Very poor app and bad testing in software Q&A at Comcast.

Problem Solver

Is anyone using a jailbroken device?  If so, that could be what's behind these kinds of issues.

Regular Visitor

dope!

Problem Solver

ronz69 wrote:

Hello all,

Like C_DM had mentioned. If you are using the App with a jailbroken device the App will not work. I have read numerous forums about this issue and decided to unjailbreak my phone then reinstalled the App and it worked just fine. Apparently the coders at Xfinity decided to put this joykill line of code in the App preventing jailbroken devices unable to run it. Thank you Xfinity!! There are supposen work arounds like xCon but I have yet to find one that works.

Have you tried what's described at http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Mobile-Apps/XFINITY-player-on-IPAD-can-not-play-video/m-p/163... as far as xCon is concerned?  Perhaps that might get it working.