Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot watch HBO on line or on iPad despite having subscription

Frequent Visitor

Cannot watch HBO on line or on iPad despite having subscription

On Tuesday I received a phone call from Comcast offering me a free year of Cinemax for being such a great customer. Previous to this I only had HBO. I was able to access HBO content on my computer and on my iPad. I was a happy camper.

Then came this "free" offer. Even though I can access HBO and Cinemax through my box I cannot get on line or iPad content. I spent 3 hours on chat yesterday being passed from support person to support person. I talked to 4 people overall. In the end the last support person told me they had cancelled my HBO and then added HBO and Cinemax. Despite resetting my user I'd twice he could not get my on line stuff to work. His advise - wait 24 hours and the system should catch up with the change. I asked him if he was sure that would work. He said he was sure.

Well it is well over 24 hours and it still doesn't work. This is my reward for being such a great customer? I didn't ask for Cinemax. They called and gave it to me.

Please help! I cannot spend another 3 hours on the phone or in chat. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
New Poster

Re: Cannot watch HBO on line or on iPad despite having subscription

Hi. I have been reading over everyone's complaints. I now don't feel alone. I guess you can say I also am the perfect customer. I have everything that Comcast offers. Except now. I can't watch any TV programs or movies because now the HD channels are not compatible with Windows 7 and IE9. I also notice that my homepage does not boot up fully. I have no video part of the homepage. Just a empty white square where the slide show of top stories always has been. I have not talked to a tech yet but I see I'm getting more answers by reading everyone Blog. This is not fair for us wonderful customers. Hey their service is not cheap. And now we don't even get what we pay for. Time to write a not so nice letter to the president of the Co. and just let him see how wonderful we can be. I really feel for everyone. Just when we get happy over what service we have. It gets screwed up. So really what do we really do NOW ?

Official Employee

vagolfer,

What message are you getting when trying to play videos online? Are you seeing orange keys?

Is HBO and Cinemax coming through your TV?

FirstStateLady,

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Problem solved! I was getting HBO and Cinemax through my cable box but had not tried to access HBO or Cinemax On Demand through my cable box. On Demand through the box did not work either. So I called the cable TV support people. Tina shot some kind of signal to my box and then I had to purchase HBO through the box. I needed a pin code which Tina supplied. After inputting the code HBO worked. Did the same thing with Cinemax. After thanking Tina, I tried to access HBO on my iPad. Success again! Everything is now working.

Lesson - don't get help from the internet support people. They don't have a clue about this issue. BTW, Tina told me that the "wait 24 hours" advice from the Internet support never works.

Thanks Tina

Now Comcast get your act together and tell the xfinity support people what to do. Also, if you are going to change someone's service for being such a good customer - don't mess it up!
Official Employee
Moved:

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation