Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot watch Fox News Live over the internet on Comcast

New Poster

Cannot watch Fox News Live over the internet on Comcast

Why is Fox News Live not available to watch on my Computer,  iPad or iPhone. I pay for the service on XFinity (which is my only cable choice which I HATE!) and I want to watch Fox News Live on all my devices just like I do for CNN, ESPN and many other channels. What's the issue and when will Comcast allow us to watch Fox News Live on our computers, mobile and tablet devices?

New Poster

Fox News Live

Why is Fox News Live not available to watch on my Computer,  iPad or iPhone. I pay for the service on XFinity (which is my only cable choice which I HATE!) and I want to watch Fox News Live on all my devices just like I do for CNN, ESPN and many other channels. What's the issue and when will Comcast allow us to watch Fox News Live on our computers, mobile and tablet devices?

New Poster

Cust Service has no answers why Fox News Live cannot be watched on internet devices

Why is Fox News Live not available to watch on my Computer,  iPad or iPhone. I pay for the service on XFinity (which is my only cable choice which I HATE!) and I want to watch Fox News Live on all my devices just like I do for CNN, ESPN and many other channels. What's the issue and when will Comcast allow us to watch Fox News Live on our computers, mobile and tablet devices? I have contacted Cust Service serveral times and they have no answers.

New Poster

Cannot watch Fox News live over the internet on Comast.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Cust Service has no answers why Fox News Live cannot be watched on internet devic

Not a expert,just someone living in a Comcast only community. Comcast Owens NBC. Why would Comcast let you watch Fox News. No reason to let people have a free choice of news services. If we have a choice its less money to Comcast.

Cable Expert

Re: Cust Service has no answers why Fox News Live cannot be watched on internet devic

Comcast does not have a streaming agreement with Fox. You might want to drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) and let them know you want the service.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

you don't understand the issue. i Do pay for Fox news as part of my Xfinity service. Xfinity allows live streaming for CNN, and other channels. My research on this issue points to the fact that the CEO of Comcast Has blocked live streaming of Fox News live for political reasons. Every other cable provider other than Xfinity in the US allows live streaming
New Poster

My research on this issue points to the fact that the CEO of Comcast Has blocked live streaming of Fox News live for political reasons. Every other cable provider other than Xfinity in the US allows live streaming. A persons political agenda should not be part of Comcast's business model.
Problem Solver

Re: Cannot watch Fox News Live over the internet on Comcast

Gold Problem Solver

Odd -- that page doesn't seem to mention "Fox News". Maybe I missed it?

Problem Solver

BruceW wrote:

Odd -- that page doesn't seem to mention "Fox News". Maybe I missed it?

There's "Access to content on Fox’s websites and applications", which would appear to have some relation to what's discussed here, along with the following:

“This unprecedented TV Everywhere agreement enables us to take advantage of the innovative technologies and platforms we’ve developed to deliver the best content to our customers,” said Greg Rigdon, exec VP of content acquisition for Comcast Cable. “Together with Fox, thanks to the leadership of Peter Rice, Mike Hopkins and his team, for the first time we are unlocking the value of some of Fox’s best content by making it available to Xfinity TV customers through new applications and devices.”

Furthermore, it deomonstrates that there isn't some sort of a conpiracy or that Comcast owning NBC has some sort of an impact on who they deal or don't deal with or anything like that.

Gold Problem Solver

Drawing any specific conclusions from such a vague statement is risky, especially when so much of the statement is "Press Release Boilerplate".

I see no conspiracy, but I see no "Comcast will be streaming Fox News" either.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation