Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot use DVR Manager or iOS App

Frequent Visitor

Cannot use DVR Manager or iOS App

I cannot use the online DVR Manager or the iOS App to control my TVs or DVR.  I have a Cisco RNG150 HD Receiver and a Cisco RNG200 HD DVR box.  The 150 was reset over 48 hours ago and the 250 24 hours ago.  Going to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes shows that I have 2 TVs, but has no information about the boxes listed.  I am a new customer and they were set up originally over a week ago.  It keeps telling me that i have no eligible devices.

I was also told (By online chat rep) that Anyroom DVR was available with these boxes and in my area, but it does not seem that I can see the DVR from the 150.

Phone support and chat support has been unimpressive so far.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cannot use DVR Manager or iOS App

what do you mean it shows 2 tvs?  the app shows cable boxes not tvs, if its showing tvs that is the cable box its showing.  if its showing two your missing one. 

Frequent Visitor

That's precisely why I have an issue. It should show the cable boxes, but it says only "TV 1" and "TV 2" and lacks any information about the set top boxes. They've been reset twice now and it's been well over 48 hours since the last reset. I only have 2 set tops. One is the rng 200 hd dvr. The other is the rng 150 hd box.

(Edited to fix typos from iPad)
Official Employee

Sdpinto wrote:
That's precisely why I have an issue. It should show the cable boxes, but it says only "TV 1" and "TV 2" and lacks any information about the set top boxes. They've been reset twice now and it's been well over 48 hours since the last reset. I only have 2 set tops. One is the rng 200 hd dvr. The other is the rng 150 hd box.

(Edited to fix typos from iPad)

Try renaming the boxes to the room that it is in (Bedroom, Living Room, etc.) and then click the Show Name on TV buttons on the Settings page.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I renamed the boxes, but I had to guess, as it does not have any model information for me to determine which is which, and I have no option to "Show Name on TV" on the settings page.  And I've looked at every setting on the cable boxes, in the app, and on the web DVR manager.

Frequent Visitor

Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs

Top of Form

Name Your Boxes

Identify Your Boxes

TV Control

Default DVR

Bedroom  

TV Control is not available for this cable box. Why?

--

Living Room  

--

SAVE SETTINGS

Frequent Visitor

Settings

Account and Household Settings

Account: Update your email, location, password and other personal information here.

UPDATE ACCOUNT

UPDATE LOCATION

Parental Controls: Control the content that minors in your family can watch online. Note that only Primary Account users can set up and control Parental Controls. For more Parental information, visit our Parental Resource Center.

MANAGE PARENTAL CONTROLS

Devices Settings

Cable Boxes & DVRs: Rename your cable boxes/DVRs and set your default DVR.

MANAGE CABLE BOXES & DVRS

Streaming Device Settings: Manage your authorized computers for exclusive access to selected Comcast sites and services.

MANAGE MY DEVICES

Personalization Settings

Connect to Facebook: Enable XfinityTV.com to interact with your Facebook account

Facebook Queue Syncing: Automatically add items I 'like' to my Queue

Post to Facebook: When you use XfinityTV.com as your remote, post what you're watching and your thoughts to your Facebook wall.

Viewing History Settings: I want to see my viewing history.

Personalized Recommendations: I want content recommended to me, as described here.

Queue/Set-Top Box Sync: Automatically share TV shows & movies in my Queue with each set-top box in my household.

APPLY PERSONALIZATION SETTINGS

Official Employee

Sdpinto wrote:

Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs

Top of Form

Name Your Boxes

Identify Your Boxes

TV Control

Default DVR

Bedroom    

--

Living Room    

--

SAVE SETTINGS

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am having the SAME EXACT problem!!! I have the same boxes, my secondary (bedroom) box is the Cisco RNG150 HD box. The main box (living room) is the Cisco RNG200 HD/DVR box. I just had somebody out today fixing my connection errors so i know everything is working correctly. When I go to my app it shows TV 2 (which is the bedroom) and TV 1 (living room) but I have no control for TV 1, I can only use TV 2. I would like to set recordings from the app when I am not home, but since the TV 1 box is the DVR box I cannot do anything!

Regular Visitor

I am having the exact same problem.

I just had a DVR exchanged a few weeks ago and it doesn't show on my DVR plus the caller ID doesn't work (yes it's turned on). I have called 3 times and every time they reset the box which doesn't fix it.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks
Brad
Frequent Visitor

Well.. Eventually I got a prerecorded message telling me to call back and when I did they said they'd send a tech out to take a look.  My internet had started intermittently going down so he was supposed to take a look at that as well.

Well, the tech called 30 minutes before he was supposed to show up, said that I had to have Anyroom DVR in order to use the online control and needed to call customer service back and set up an install for Anyroom DVR.  If this is true, you'd have thought that someone along the lines looking at my account could have told me this instead of giving me the run around.  However the tech totally ignored the fact that I was having issues with the internet connection and never came to the house.

Basically I'm extremely upset about the customer service I've gotten so far trying to get my system working correctly.  I enventually figured out my internet problem was because there was an amp on the incoming line.  Once I split the line to the cable modem off before the amp, I haven't had any issues since, but the fact the tech wouldn't even come out to look at it was extremely dissappointing.

Is this Comcast's support policy?  Frustrate the custome into giving up since there's no other option for cable television?

Regular Visitor

I will check my caller ID tonight and see if it works.  MyDVR is work now from the app and webpage.

Thanks

Brad

Regular Visitor

I spoke to soon. Caller ID is turned on but doesn't work. My DVR does show up now put I can't us the app or website to control it. Still not fixed.

Brad
Regular Visitor

So its been 3 weeks with no help.  One would think as much money as we pay each month they could get this problem fixed.

Plus one of the DVR's guide keep resetting and say to be announced.

No wonder so many Comcast customers are unhappy.

Brad

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation