New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot play xfinity to go app from ipad to tv

ANSWERED
New Poster

Cannot play xfinity to go app from ipad to tv

I have downloaded the xfinity to go app to an iPad air. When I try to play recorded shows on the iPad with a connection to a TV via HDMI cable it will not play with a message "License Issue :: 3338" "This video stream is not playable under the current device conditions.  Please disconnect any external devices (including Airplay) and try again. "  How do I get the iPad air to play recorded shows to a tv. I can watch the recorded shows on the iPad air but not the tv.

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot play xfinity to go app from ipad to tv

All,

Sorry for the inconvenience, at this time streaming from a device to a TV (tethering) is not a supported feature from XFINITY. 

View answer in context
New Poster

I am having the same problem, and so far I have not been able to get any help from Comcast.   My wife and I travel and are in places where there is no wifi service.  We are trying to stream downloaded content from the Xfinity Stream TV app to our tv in our camper.  I've tried two different adapters and I still get the same License 3338 error message.  I have no problem mirroring any other content on my iPad or iPhone, only Xfinity.
Has anyone found a work-around this?

Administrator
Administrator

All,

Sorry for the inconvenience, at this time streaming from a device to a TV (tethering) is not a supported feature from XFINITY. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
New Poster

Then comcast should solve the problem. Both Netflix and Amazon streaming apps allow connection and play to a larger tv for downloaded content.  If comcast wants to be user friendly and stay competitive they should change the software for the streaming app to allow the tethering.

New Poster

You say this is not a currently supports feature. Does that mean Comcast is going to support it in the future?  i have a TV in a screen porch that only use a few months out of the year and it would be nice to use this feature specially since some of the competition allows you to do so. 

New Poster

Please report to your higher-ups how annoying this is. Yet another example of xfinity's desire to make as much money as they can without regard to what consumers really want. No wonder none of my kids have cable anymore.
New Poster

Please tell me that this issue has been resolved. If I can tether from a laptop to a tv why can't I from an iPad to a tv? For all the money we pay for xfinity this should be a no brainer. Please tell me you have a way around this ridiculous issue.
Bronze Problem Solver

Julienoel wrote:
Please tell me that this issue has been resolved. If I can tether from a laptop to a tv why can't I from an iPad to a tv? For all the money we pay for xfinity this should be a no brainer. Please tell me you have a way around this ridiculous issue.

Xf blocked viewing on external devices from mobile devices because of their current agreements made between them and the providers. A pc/laptop can still use an external display because there is no indicator that an external display is being used therefore it can't be blocked, a desktop requires an external display.