Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot load xtv.comcast.net on Firefox

Contributor

Cannot load xtv.comcast.net on Firefox

I've been battling this for a while now - somewhere along the way of Firefox upgrades and or xtv.comcast.net changes, Firefox quit loading the website on my computer at home.  Other computers using same version of Firefox work fine.  What happens is I'll see Xfinity name show up in the middle with the scrolling ellipses below it but it just sits there.  I've even reset firefox compleletey and uninstalled / reinstalled etc.  Even tried a different user login to windows (my wife's ) usually that shows me it's a cookie or profile problem with my user login -- however, her login fails to load too.  It's as if something is wrong with my computer name I "joined" with and named but I can't even find a way to reset that on the website.  Any ideas?  Or should I just give up and keep using I.E. and Chrome?  lol

Service Expert

Re: Cannot load xtv.comcast.net on Firefox

nalawod wrote:

I've been battling this for a while now - somewhere along the way of Firefox upgrades and or xtv.comcast.net changes, Firefox quit loading the website on my computer at home.  Other computers using same version of Firefox work fine.  What happens is I'll see Xfinity name show up in the middle with the scrolling ellipses below it but it just sits there.  I've even reset firefox compleletey and uninstalled / reinstalled etc.  Even tried a different user login to windows (my wife's ) usually that shows me it's a cookie or profile problem with my user login -- however, her login fails to load too.  It's as if something is wrong with my computer name I "joined" with and named but I can't even find a way to reset that on the website.  Any ideas?  Or should I just give up and keep using I.E. and Chrome?  lol

Personally for me, I only use CHROME for anything in the XTV website... never had an issue!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

geek46 wrote:

nalawod wrote:

Personally for me, I only use CHROME for anything in the XTV website... never had an issue!

Well.. considering I already said I can use it on chrome, but would like to find out why firefox won't work, this is not really an answer.  I think the issue I'm having is somewhere on the comcast side and not my browser.  Is there a way to delete the computer you've named and registered so i can re-do and re-link my computer again?

Service Expert

nalawod wrote:

Well.. considering I already said I can use it on chrome, but would like to find out why firefox won't work, this is not really an answer.  I think the issue I'm having is somewhere on the comcast side and not my browser.  Is there a way to delete the computer you've named and registered so i can re-do and re-link my computer again?

I just logged into my XTV to check on your issue...upon doing so, there is no place to navigate to manage the device.  The only thing I could find was within the XTV site's settings where you can rename the computer but since you cannot connect to it in Firefox, that isn't an option.  Maybe you can login on the other working devices and change their names if it is a naming conflict  < ??? >

I know.... no rhyme or reason why it isn't connecting if other computers using Firefox are....

Maybe a registry setting in that device is not clearing/deleting once you uninstall and reinstall Firefox...       After you uninstall Firefox and reboot, you may need to clean the registry of any entries that could be being reapplied once Firefox is reinstalled.   It's the only thing I can think of.

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation