New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot delete a recording from My DVR

Highlighted
New Poster

Cannot delete a recording from My DVR

Daughter used her login to record a football game [217 min] on my DVR.

I cannot delete the recording with My DVR or with her login, or with my manager login.

Why can I not delete this recording?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cannot delete a recording from My DVR

I dont understand what you mean by login on your dvr. There is no login for your dvr, only the dvr manager that you use over the internet.  YOu cannot delete programs using my dvr manager you have to go to the physical dvr itself to delete any program, you can only set up recordings using the feature, as for the physical dvr there is no login.  If you cannot delete it on the physical dvr uplug it and then plug it back in.

Official Employee

rog286713 wrote:

I dont understand what you mean by login on your dvr. There is no login for your dvr, only the dvr manager that you use over the internet.  YOu cannot delete programs using my dvr manager you have to go to the physical dvr itself to delete any program, you can only set up recordings using the feature, as for the physical dvr there is no login.  If you cannot delete it on the physical dvr uplug it and then plug it back in.

rog286713,

I bolded the part that I think arnold115 is asking about.

To further add on to what rog286713 said:

Our product team is constantly working on improving the site to make the best experience possible. Thanks for your suggestion; we'll consider your idea for a future release.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I would like to add my voice to the request to be able to delete from MyDVR manager. It's a crucial issue to be able to clean up old recordings from the road to make room for new ones - or increase the storage on our DVR ...
Frequent Visitor

I also want the ability to delete programs from my DVR using DVR Manager from a computer.  I am currently away from home, and my trip was unexpectedly extended.  And now my DVR is almost full.  I would really, really, really like to be able to delete some programs from my DVR to free up space for some more important recordings that I have scheduled.

The name of the service is "DVR Manager", and a very important part of managing a DVR is deleting programs to manage the disk space.

Please add a recording deletion function to DVR Manager.

New Poster

I agree with others that being able to remotely delete DVR recordings would be a valuable feature.  I am on road a lot and this would be very useful.  Does the My DVR Manager setting of "existing program recording priority with a conflict" override a full DVR recorder?

Cable Expert
Moved:

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation