Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot change TV channel from the website

Frequent Visitor

Cannot change TV channel from the website

I am unable to change channel from the website. When I click on "Watch Channel" from the TV listing, nothing happens on the cable box.

I'm also unable to use the mobile tv control app either. I suspect it's the same problem.

I have been using the TV remote apps for a year and it was working just fine. It stopped working a couple days ago. I tried to chat online with the support and ended up wasting 2 hours, being transfered 5 times (one time I was even transferred to the phone department, WTH), and they were still trying to figure out what my issue was. So I gave up and decided to try my luck here.

I tried to uninstall and install the app. After signing in, I'm getting a screen that says"We are unable to find any cable boxes eligible for TV control". My cable box has been working fine for over a year. That's weird. The model is MOTOROLA PR150BNMR is it matters.

Any one have any ideas? Yes I have tried to power cycle the cable box. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot change TV channel from the website

Remote control from the comcast website or the app has never worked well me.  It is just another thing that we are over paying for!  Your watchlist is a joke as well and does not work when you select something that you want to watch off your list.  Only a few times I refresh the website and it might work.  Just think, most of us are paying over $100-$150 a month for these frustrations, outages, etc.!  I've also noticed, more and more TV listings are not right on my TV, website and app to what is actually being shown.  What a POS!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation