Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot access shows via PC

New Poster

Cannot access shows via PC

OK here's the deal, Was going to try and watch a movie on my laptop on Showtime, selected the movie and it says subscription needed. I have a subscription, and still its a no go. Contacted comcast last night and they said no problem, will just resend the request, refresh your browser and in 30 min you will be good to go.

Its been 9 hours and still no luck with it. The odd thing however is on both of my droid phones they will play with no problem and don't mention subscription needed. 

Btw PC wise, its not just Showtime, its pretty much all channels that says need a subscription, tbs, ect... 

VERY computer savy, and wiped cookies, history ect... Disabled firewall to see it that would make a difference, tested in multi browsers and still same..

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Cannot access shows via PC

make sure you have the most up to date silverlight software and flash.   If you do and it still does not work it sounds like a coding issue on your account on comcasts end.  Try a different browser also, make sure your not running a 64bit version.

Official Employee

Re: Cannot access shows via PC

arkfire wrote:

OK here's the deal, Was going to try and watch a movie on my laptop on Showtime, selected the movie and it says subscription needed. I have a subscription, and still its a no go. Contacted comcast last night and they said no problem, will just resend the request, refresh your browser and in 30 min you will be good to go.

Its been 9 hours and still no luck with it. The odd thing however is on both of my droid phones they will play with no problem and don't mention subscription needed. 

Btw PC wise, its not just Showtime, its pretty much all channels that says need a subscription, tbs, ect... 

VERY computer savy, and wiped cookies, history ect... Disabled firewall to see it that would make a difference, tested in multi browsers and still same..

Thanks for any suggestions. 

I have our team looking into this right now. I believe there is a mismatch in your account and this will be resolved shortly. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation