Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Cannot Schedule DVR Recording From Xfinity TV TV Listings page

Contributor

Cannot Schedule DVR Recording From Xfinity TV TV Listings page

While I am trying to schedule a recording from the TV Listings page after I have selected the program and the "record" button is displayed the whole page grays out when I click on the "record" button.  The only way I can come back to the regular view of the page is to click anywhere on the page.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Cannot Schedule DVR Recording From Xfinity TV TV Listings page

dmario wrote:

While I am trying to schedule a recording from the TV Listings page after I have selected the program and the "record" button is displayed the whole page grays out when I click on the "record" button.  The only way I can come back to the regular view of the page is to click anywhere on the page.

So when you click the record button, no pop-up with recording information pops up? Just a blank gray screen?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Yes the recording information does pop up but the whole page turns to a light gray.  When you click the record button you are returned to the "TV Listings" page with the show you wanted to record still open and the page returns to it's normal color.

Official Employee

dmario wrote:

Yes the recording information does pop up but the whole page turns to a light gray.  When you click the record button you are returned to the "TV Listings" page with the show you wanted to record still open and the page returns to it's normal color.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 03032 My Cable Provider: Comcast Manchester Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 155.212.245.126 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Explorer 7 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB7.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDR; InfoPath.1) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.0 r1 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript"></script> enabled Cookies: enabled
Official Employee

dmario wrote:
My Device Information My Zip Code: 03032 My Cable Provider: Comcast Manchester Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: Unknown My public IP address: 155.212.245.126 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Explorer 7 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; GTB7.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDR; InfoPath.1) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.0 r1 Javascript&colon; <script type="text/javascript"></script> enabled Cookies: enabled

Make sure you have the most up to date service pack installed for Windows XP.

Also, try using Firefox 8.0 or Google Chrome 15 web browsers and see if it works using them. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I'm having the same problem with attempts at remote scheduling of a program.  Get the following message:

Error code: UI:001

I/O Error - Status: 400 - Bad Request | URL: /remotescheduling/rest/guideworks/8773201450005394200109213127/_0vl5QL6_az6jn3_cSP5jw/singlerecording/

I've tried different computers and different browsers (safari, IE, and google chrome) with same results. I've tried calling the 800 help line at least four times with very dissatisfactory results.  Very bad service.

Any ideas?

Official Employee

sashababy wrote:

I'm having the same problem with attempts at remote scheduling of a program.  Get the following message:

Error code: UI:001

I/O Error - Status: 400 - Bad Request | URL: /remotescheduling/rest/guideworks/8773201450005394200109213127/_0vl5QL6_az6jn3_cSP5jw/singlerecording/

I've tried different computers and different browsers (safari, IE, and google chrome) with same results. I've tried calling the 800 help line at least four times with very dissatisfactory results.  Very bad service.

Any ideas?

Please send the following information to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com so we can further assist you.

We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your personal information in a public forum.

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make and model of your set-top box:

Please also include a link to this post so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

ComcastJoe;

I have all updates and service packs installed.  I have 4 computers I use and they all have IE7 installed and they all have the same problem.  One has FireFox as another browser and I tried using that PCs FireFox and "voila" it worked fine.  Is there an issue with IE7?  I had an issue with an online bank this weekend and they told me they had a known problem with IE7.  Would IE8 work?

Unlike SASHABABY I don't get an error message.

Official Employee

dmario wrote:

ComcastJoe;

I have all updates and service packs installed.  I have 4 computers I use and they all have IE7 installed and they all have the same problem.  One has FireFox as another browser and I tried using that PCs FireFox and "voila" it worked fine.  Is there an issue with IE7?  I had an issue with an online bank this weekend and they told me they had a known problem with IE7.  Would IE8 work?

Unlike SASHABABY I don't get an error message.

Yes, please try using IE8.

I am still testing IE7 and have not been able to duplicate it but others have been seeing the same thing your are.

Let me know the results. I will update you if I learn more about IE7 on my end.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

ComcastJoe:

I installed IE8 and everything seems to work fine.  That other banking site I had had a problem with also now works fine.

I guess there is a notable difference between IE7 and IE8.

New Poster

I think I was having a similar thing.  When I click on a listing, the guide would scroll to the top and be totally grayed out, but the popup div for the show would be way down wherever the listing is.  It took me a while to figure out that I had to re-scroll to where the popup is located.

I'm on chrome, BTW.

Contributor

Jeff,

My popup appeared at the right place on the screen but was also grayed out along with the rest of the page.  I couldn't do anything.  When I clicked on the record button, even thought it was grayed out, I was returned back to the box that I had opened to record the show.

IE8 fixed it.  I tried Chrome.  I didn't like how they handled favorites.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation