Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,807,293

members

43

online now

1,953,176

discussions

Top

Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App

New Poster

Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App

I can see the DVR Manager and use it on my phone and tablet but when I try to select the DVR box to change channels with the app it lists the app but when I go to test it nothing comes on the screen like I suppose it should.  Also the app won't change the channels on the box either.  Anyone have any ideas?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App

go here choose manage cable boxes and dvr's, make sure you have dvr control selected.

 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

Official Employee

Re: Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App


tazdev_87301 wrote:

I can see the DVR Manager and use it on my phone and tablet but when I try to select the DVR box to change channels with the app it lists the app but when I go to test it nothing comes on the screen like I suppose it should.  Also the app won't change the channels on the box either.  Anyone have any ideas?


Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

 

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

 

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App

I'm having the same problem. The DVR Manager website works, but the TV app will not change channels.

 

Originally, the xfinity site said that TV control was not activated for my account, but the Remote Help page ( xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh ) let me activate it.  After I activated it and powercycled my DVR, the 'Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs' page now shows that TV Control is 'On' for my DVR.  However, I'm still not able to control my Cisco RNG-200N with the Xfinity TV Android app.  The app sees my DVR, but it won't change channels.  It won't let me change channels from the website either... I can only schedule DVR shows.

 

I made sure that the DVR Manager was finished sync'ing before testing.  I also tried unistalling the app, rebooting my phone, and reinstalling.  Turning TV Control off, saving and then turning it back on also did not work.

 

The Houston area just recieved the S26 DVR update last week, so maybe something else needs to be done at the local office or with my account on the backend to enable TV control?

Official Employee

Re: Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App


dukesilver wrote:

I'm having the same problem. The DVR Manager website works, but the TV app will not change channels.

 

Originally, the xfinity site said that TV control was not activated for my account, but the Remote Help page ( xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh ) let me activate it.  After I activated it and powercycled my DVR, the 'Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs' page now shows that TV Control is 'On' for my DVR.  However, I'm still not able to control my Cisco RNG-200N with the Xfinity TV Android app.  The app sees my DVR, but it won't change channels.  It won't let me change channels from the website either... I can only schedule DVR shows.

 

I made sure that the DVR Manager was finished sync'ing before testing.  I also tried unistalling the app, rebooting my phone, and reinstalling.  Turning TV Control off, saving and then turning it back on also did not work.

 

The Houston area just recieved the S26 DVR update last week, so maybe something else needs to be done at the local office or with my account on the backend to enable TV control?


Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App


ComcastJoe wrote:

dukesilver wrote:

I'm having the same problem. The DVR Manager website works, but the TV app will not change channels.

 

Originally, the xfinity site said that TV control was not activated for my account, but the Remote Help page ( xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh ) let me activate it.  After I activated it and powercycled my DVR, the 'Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs' page now shows that TV Control is 'On' for my DVR.  However, I'm still not able to control my Cisco RNG-200N with the Xfinity TV Android app.  The app sees my DVR, but it won't change channels.  It won't let me change channels from the website either... I can only schedule DVR shows.

 

I made sure that the DVR Manager was finished sync'ing before testing.  I also tried unistalling the app, rebooting my phone, and reinstalling.  Turning TV Control off, saving and then turning it back on also did not work.

 

The Houston area just recieved the S26 DVR update last week, so maybe something else needs to be done at the local office or with my account on the backend to enable TV control?


Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


ok.  thank you.

Regular Visitor

Re: Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App

Having the exact same issue here, can see what's recorded, record shows but can't change channel (on app or website). I went to xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh to upgrade remote tune software and keep getting the "Install failed, please try again later." every time.

 

Also the "Show name on TV" never works.

 

Plus one of my DVRs seems to take forever to sync.

 

 

Official Employee

Re: Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App


mbsalyer wrote:

Having the exact same issue here, can see what's recorded, record shows but can't change channel (on app or website). I went to xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh to upgrade remote tune software and keep getting the "Install failed, please try again later." every time.

 

Also the "Show name on TV" never works.

 

Plus one of my DVRs seems to take forever to sync.

 

 


Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

 

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

 

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: Can use DVR Manager but not change channels from Xfinity Android App

My issue has been fixed. The first call I received wasn't able to debug, so she escalated my issue to an engineer. After confirming I still had the problem, the engineer reset my password and logged into my account from his Comcast iPad and it started working. That's all he did. He said he's not sure how or why that fixed it. At least the app fully works now for me.