New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't watch Recordings - Error 106000.5

Contributor

Can't watch Recordings - Error 106000.5

Hello,

Past couple days I can't watching my recordings on my pc via Comcast's TV Website. One recording it let me watch half way through then errored out with 106000.5. I get that error trying to watch any recording. I've tried rebooting, used IE & Firefox.

Any ideas?

New Poster

Re: Can't watch Recordings - Error 106000.5

Yup, same here.

Contributor

My DVR recorded shows work fine at home but when I am off my network and try using other mobile devices the next day following the recordings, some of the shows only show ten or fifteen minutes of the show even though I know for a fact the entire show is on my DVR.

New Poster

I have been l have looking for an answer to this problem since arrived at my vacation location a 10 days ago, Win 10. Last year, Win 7 at the same spot, same time no problem.  I've tried all the suggestions, nothing has worked. What has changed?  I have no problem with Netflix streaming!

Contributor

I was able to watch 1 recording then when I tried another I'm getting same message but different number 102100.5. I'm a new customer and this worked fine for over a month and now it stinks.

Contributor

This cloud dvr system was rolled out entirely too soon. This thing has been nothing but problems and its getting worse. Getting the same error here for the past few weeks shortly after they fixed the corrupted recordings problem. 

So, I found out this link will actually work, after your signed in:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/app

From there, I went to my dvr material and was able to watch just fine.

Try it out.

Contributor

I also get 102100.5. Several of my recordings that were in progress prior to the Stream upgrade don't work anymore.
IMG_4120.JPG
New Poster

Shouldn't this have been fixed by now??? I recorded an episode over 2 hours ago and I can see it on my dvr just fine, but when I try to log in from my mobile device to watch it I'm hit with Error 106000.5

New Poster

This error means the owners/distributors of the movie or show has designated it as a show that cannot be streamed.  (i.e. Netflix has movies that can be streamed and movies that have to be ordered by DVD mail order.)  

This error has nothing to do with Comcast or its service, but is rather an error code that refers to the rights of how the movie or show can be watched as directed by the company that owns and distributes it.  

To check, click on OnDemand, search for your movie/show and select it.  There will be two options:  "Movie Info" and "Upcoming."  Click on "Upcoming" and under the description/info it will have a blue font in a circle "i" and it will say, "Available to watch in home only."

This is why the error states, "unable to stream" under Error 106000.5

New Poster

I am in home, on my home network and still get the error. I'm not saying the rights issue isn't the problem, just that being at home doesn't solve it. I'm having the 106000.5 error on my apps and on a laptop. This started about a month ago for me.

Service Expert

wallemon wrote:

I am in home, on my home network and still get the error. I'm not saying the rights issue isn't the problem, just that being at home doesn't solve it. I'm having the 106000.5 error on my apps and on a laptop. This started about a month ago for me.

Just for reference, is your laptop using a wifi connection?  Is it logged into your network's SSID?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I tried the 'sign-on' to the app at the URL fix - it did not work.

New Poster

And the ultimate irony - I just searched for the exact string 106000.5 anywhere in Xfinity's web presence and got this:

We’re sorry.

An error prevented us from getting your results. Please try your search again.

• Sometimes this is caused by network issues that clear up all by themselves.
  • Errors are logged by the server, so we can tell if there is a persistent problem.If that’s the case, engineers are already working on it and should have the serviceworking again shortly.

I have a DVR - and I can't watch the shows if I'm not at home? Sorry, why did I bother getting that DVR again?

New Poster

Ran the search again - and it went, but there are zero results in the xfinity.com domain. I got 5 results all listing references to HTML codes that numeric string using the browser search to find it.

Frequent Visitor

I found out that it works if you don't use Chrome.  It seems to works fine with edge.

New Poster

klinehome wrote:

This error means the owners/distributors of the movie or show has designated it as a show that cannot be streamed.  (i.e. Netflix has movies that can be streamed and movies that have to be ordered by DVD mail order.)  

This error has nothing to do with Comcast or its service, but is rather an error code that refers to the rights of how the movie or show can be watched as directed by the company that owns and distributes it.  

To check, click on OnDemand, search for your movie/show and select it.  There will be two options:  "Movie Info" and "Upcoming."  Click on "Upcoming" and under the description/info it will have a blue font in a circle "i" and it will say, "Available to watch in home only."

I don't think so - last night I watched Fear the Walking Dead just fine (episodes 1&2).  Tonight episode 3 won't play, now will anything else.  Seems like the typical unreliable Xfinity cloud service.

Doug

New Poster

I can't watch them either and I am having trouble with on demand as well. When I got xfinity, I was told that I would be able to watch it on my laptop or with Roku or apple tv when I go up north. I am away from my home 4 months out of the year to spend time with my family. That is the reason that I got Xfinity in the first place. I can't get it on Roku as promised (bought it because I was told it would work.) And now I am finding many of the on demand shows can only be watched in home... and my recordings wont play more then 5-10 minutes without having to restart them. The shows I can watch on demand are the same as far as stopping. I have no problem with hulu or netflix. I am starting to think going with Wow would be cheaper, they don't have all the bells and whistles that Xfinity claims to have... but really I am finding that Xfinity doesn't really have them either. They just say they do. I call that false advertising.

New Poster

The past few days I have been unable to watch several shows through the XFINITY Stream website (https://tv.xfinity.com).

Last night I was able to stream Fear The Walking Dead, but when I tried watching The Good Doctor afterwards, it did not work at all. I click on "watch" and it shows me the company logo (ABC, CBS, et al) icon in the middle of the screen, the 3 "loading" dots, and then that's it, the show never starts and it keeps displaying the "loading" dots over & over.

Today I tried to watch The Brave (whether on demand or my DVR recording), same thing, as well as Sunday's The Last Ship or Wisdom Of The Crowd. Even when I tried FtWD, which worked yesterday, it no longer does today.

None work..

What's going on ?

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Just popped up all of a sudden. Would like to know what the error code refers to, at least, but can't even get an answer about that.

Regular Contributor

That certainly doesn't account for shows which stream part of a episode and then show the 106000.5 error and won't play the rest of the show. I had this happen three times, and I had to wait until I got home and I was able to resume them from my DVR. 

klinehome wrote: