Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't watch On-Demand on a Mac

New Poster

Can't watch On-Demand on a Mac

I've followed the instructions to install the most current flash player, but still am receiving "We have detected a problem with your Microsoft Silverlight installation (Error 525|2105). To fix this problem please uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Silverlight."  I am not using Silverlight.... How do I make this work on a Mac?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't watch On-Demand on a Mac

problem is you need to use silverlight.

download and install Silverlight from the link below:

http://silverlight.dlservice.microsoft.com/download/5/F/4/5F4E029C-77F5-4EC7-B084-E7B180483AFF/10516...

This is a patched version that fixes most video playback issues and gets you out of the "Please install/upgrade Silverlight" loop.

Follow all the on-screen instructions and then try playing videos again

For Mac users:

Once you've downloaded the Silverlight plugin and installed it, you can search for it in Spotlight.  You'll see that it's been installed in you HD/Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder.  But, Safari reads from your user library.  So, move it (copy it) from your HD library to you user library which is in Home/Library/Internet Plug-Ins.  Once you move it there, restart your browser and it should work.

Mac OS X XFINITY TV system requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor.
  • Operating system: Mac OS X 10.6 or higher (see below for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard specifics).
  • RAM: 512 MB minimum.
  • Video card: 32 MB minimum (128 MB recommended).
  • Browser: Firefox 3 or Safari 3. All newer versions of these browsers will also work.
  • Screen resolution: 800 x 600 minimum (1280 x 1024 recommended).
  • Internet connection: Broadband.
  • Adobe Flash version: 11.1 or higher.

Differences with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

The Move Networksplug-in isn't compatible with Snow Leopard's 64-bit Safari browser.

To use the plug-in, you can change your Safari browser to 32-bit mode:

1. Open Finder.
  2. Open the Applications folder.
  3. Select Safari.
  4. Get Info on Safari (Right click or CTRL+click and select Get Info, or go to File menu and select Get Info, or Command+I).
  5. Check the Open in 32-bit mode box.
  6. Close the Safari info window.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation