Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't watch HBO

New Poster

Can't watch HBO

I have HBO, but I can't watch it on my computer.  All I get is this annoying message:

Subscription to This Channel Required

A subscription is required to watch this channel.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY to add it to your service.

(Error 3329.12012)

I even called customer support and they confirmed that I have HBO and that I should be able to watch it on my computer.  But I still get the same message.  I got no real help from them.  The lady said they would give me HBO for free since I can't watch it, but it does me no good.  I'd rather pay for it and watch it rather than get it free and not watch it.  I seriously just want to watch Game of Thrones.

Official Employee

Re: Can't watch HBO

Hello FeralViewer, we can refresh your entitlements on our end to get HBO working. First I will need to verify your account, could you please send me a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and provide your full name, street address, and account number? Also please try view HBO content by going through our "Xfinity Stream" app and share your results. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Of course I tried the Xfinity streaming app, it is the only place I know where I can watch it.  This is what is giving me the subscription error.

New Poster

Actually.  Don't do anything.  I went to HBO Go and it works there.  I think the issue is specifically with the Xfinity streaming app.  I don't know, but at least I can watch my show now.  I'll let you know if anything changes.  Please don't do anything at this point, I don't want it to get all messed up again.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation