Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't use XFINITY stream. Skips back to beginning every 3 or 4 seconds after freeze

New Poster

Can't use XFINITY stream. Skips back to beginning every 3 or 4 seconds after freeze

Is anybody having a problem using the latest app "XFINITY stream"? I have the fastest internet Comcast offers. I am using my IPad and can't get this app to work at all. I'm sitting on my back porch next to window of room with router. The app loads but when I click "watch" it starts, loads a few seconds then shows a frozen image, then skips back to zero seconds. This occurs whether streaming live, recordings, etc. I've been using various versions of this app since it's inception. Prior to this issue, I did have issues where I couldn't watch this app about 15 ft further away without it freezing. I only mention this because the app worked fine on my boyfriends inexpensive RCA tablet. And I am using my iPad plugged to power supply. Using earlier versions of this app, (a year ago), I could stream much farther away.  And I just tried using app next to router with both 48AC-5 and 48AC-2.4. My OS is 10.2.1.

And why are we forced to use the app!?!?!?! I can't even try to stream from web page. I've tried Chrome and Safari so this is a comcast issue.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation