online now

discussions

Can't stream live TV from chrome

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 13

This started yesterday when i wanted to stream live TV on xfinity:

Flash compatibility issue

XFINITY Stream requires a more recent version of Flash.

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser has Flash enabled.

Download the latest version of Flash

How to enable Flash in your browser.

My computer already has flash built in and i checked and it is enabled. I even tried installing flash but i still got this message. I contacted comcast and they could not fix the issue. This issue like i said started yesterday on chrome. I went on edge and there is no problem streaming xfinity TV. I stream directly from my comcast home page when i log in and had no problem up until now. How can i fix this on chrome or is it an issue i need to take up with chrome?

12 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 13

craftmom wrote:

This started yesterday when i wanted to stream live TV on xfinity:

Flash compatibility issue

XFINITY Stream requires a more recent version of Flash.

Please update to the latest version of Flash and ensure your browser has Flash enabled.

Download the latest version of Flash

How to enable Flash in your browser.

My computer already has flash built in and i checked and it is enabled. I even tried installing flash but i still got this message. I contacted comcast and they could not fix the issue. This issue like i said started yesterday on chrome. I went on edge and there is no problem streaming xfinity TV. I stream directly from my comcast home page when i log in and had no problem up until now. How can i fix this on chrome or is it an issue i need to take up with chrome?

Version 60 of chrome was just released on 7/25, it might be the problem, lots of security updates in it

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 13

Try the following (worked for me):

Untitled.png

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 13

Did all that and did not work. I see in another post a few other customers are having the same issue. I'm just going to watch TV on comcast on microsoft edge until comcast and chrome works out this problem. Thanks for your help.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 5 of 13

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH XFINITY LIVE STREAMING ON CHROME. IT ALL STARTED FRIDAY MORNING. EDGE WORKS FINE. I AM GLAD I NOTICED OTHER FOLKS HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. I WAS READY TO RESET EVERYTHING BUT NOW I WILL WAIT TILL THE EXPERTS FIX IT. LOL.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 13

I am having the EXACT same problem.  Update Chrome, cleared history, rebooted, works fine on EDGE.

Wasted an hour of my life.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 13

I am having the same exact problem as everyone else. It started a couple of days ago. Is anyone working toward a solution??

Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 13

I JUST FIXED IT ON MY DESKTOP BY GOING TO FLASH SETTING IN CHROME AND REMOVED  ANYTHING THAT REFERRED TO XFINITY AND IT WORKED.

Posted by
New Poster
Message 9 of 13

This worked for me:

chrome://flags/#prefer-html-over-flash  Set this to "disabled".  I also had to clean out all of my comcast and xfinity cookies.  Restart chrome and you should be good.  Still get the annoying "add device" screen which started to appear recently, but otherwise everything is okay.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 10 of 13

All,

We apologize for the issue that you have been experiencing streaming TV when using Chrome. I have heard from your fix team and they have provided some resolutions (see below):

• If you do not have the "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" setting enabled in Chrome’s Cookie Settings (chrome://settings/content/cookies), quitting the browser, relaunching, and navigating to the home page (https://tv.xfinity.com/) should clear up the issue. 

• If you do have the "Keep local data only until you quit your browser" setting enabled in Chrome’s Cookie Settings (chrome://settings/content/cookies), try either clearing the browser cache from chrome://settings/clearBrowserData, exit and open Chrome, and navigate to https://tv.xfinity.com/, or exit and open Chrome, navigate to https://tv.xfinity.com/

This issue was brought on by a recent update to Google Chrome that changed some of the compatibility requirements for files on pages hit during the login process. This explains why it started occurring outside of any version updates we have released.

If you have any further comments or questions, please let us know here. Thanks.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 11 of 13

Still a problem on 8/10 !!!

Posted by
New Poster

Message 12 of 13

Cookie solution did work.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 13 of 13

Hello, is there anything else we can assist you with today?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon