Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't stream Queue items from Xfinity

New Poster

Can't stream Queue items from Xfinity

I watch Xfinity from my computer regularly although it has been a few weeks since the last time.  Today, I can't get the shows to play.  I've tried several and they all fail, but they fail at different times.

I've tried from both IE9 and from Firefox (v19.0.2).  IE is my preferred browser.

It deosn't give an error message.  The play just stops with the notice that the video will resume shortly.  I've waited up to 5 minutes and nothing.

Here is an examples:

Blue Bloods, Season 3 Episode 19 stops was stopping about 1/2 way through.  Now it stops after just a few seconds of play from the beginning. 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Blue-Bloods/5602881941841142112/full-episodes#episode=78557357873...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't stream Queue items from Xfinity

just watched the first five minutes no issues.  Have you tried restarting your computer and try again. 

New Poster

Sorry, I should have included that in my original message.  Yes, I rebooted and tried again.  Any other ideas anyone?  Although I will say that the first time I watched this episode, it went about 1/2 the show before it stopped.  Now I cannot get more than the first few seconds.

Silver Problem Solver

why does your post say cant stream que but your body of the post says cant stream anything?    The ability to stream is directly related to your person computer.  There are so many things that can be affecting that, firewalls, antiviru, speed, malware, virus,  very hard to troubleshoot.

have you disabled all antivirus and firewalls, one thing some folks have done is install ccleaner and let it clean out all the old not used dll'[s and invalid pointers.  

also clear your cookies and clear your cache then restart.  Have you installed silverlight again also.?

Official Employee

hillbe wrote:

Sorry, I should have included that in my original message.  Yes, I rebooted and tried again.  Any other ideas anyone?  Although I will say that the first time I watched this episode, it went about 1/2 the show before it stopped.  Now I cannot get more than the first few seconds.

We have been having some issues with CBS videos which our teams are working on now.

What other videos have you tried watching?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation