Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Can't record from remote app!

New Poster

Can't record from remote app!

I recently got a new DVR because my old one was no longer working. After doing this the xfinity remote app no longer gave me the option to record from my phone. It is also telling me that the DVR is 100% full and it is only 40% full. Please help! It's driving me crazy!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Can't record from remote app!

how long has it been since you got the new box.  It takes a few days for the new one to show and the old one to be gone.  You might unplugging your box. 

New Poster

It's been more than 2 weeks since I've gotten the box. I've tried unplugging it and that did not work.
Silver Problem Solver

are you able to play videos and change channels but just the record feature is not there.  So if go into the app on the guide and press a show you get no option to record?

What does it say here for your cable box?  Is the new one listed?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

New Poster

I am able to change the channel but can no longer watch videos since the new video app came out. When I go to the guide my only option is to watch the channel. The record button is gone. When I first went on the app after I got the new cable box it located the new box so I'm pretty sure the app has the correct cable box. It's also the only DVR box I have.
Silver Problem Solver

check in your cable box set up menu to see if you have remote access setup there if you do you can delete it and have it start over.

New Poster

I did find the remote access setup but when I click it it takes me to a code and tells me to go on the website to sync the DVR. So I did that and now I have a screen that says syncing in process. Is this right? Do I need to leave the screen up until it is finished syncing?
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation